Auto Racing

Former promoter: Montreal F1 race could be back by 2011

{eot}
The Canadian Press
3/28/2009 1:24:15 PM
Decrease Text SizeIncrease Text Size
Text Size

MONTREAL - The Canadian Grand Prix could be back on the Formula One schedule by 2011, according to a published report.

Former race promoter Normand Legault said in Saturday's edition of Montreal La Presse that he's optimistic the race will be back in the city even though the economic downturn may negatively effect F1 auto racing.

He adds Montreal successfully hosted the race for some 30 years and the city already has the infrastructure in place.

Legault says the city also falls in a time zone convenient for broadcasting the race in Europe.

The Canadian Grand Prix was dropped from the 2009 Formula One calendar last year.

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (Photo: Paul Gilham/Getty Images)

zoom

(Photo: Paul Gilham/Getty Images)
Share This

Share This

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to FarkAdd to TwitterAdd to Stumble UponAdd to Reddit
Print this Story


© 2014
All rights reserved.
Bell Media Television