Brian Burke isn't sure how busy he'll be between now and Wednesday's trade deadline, but he was open to discuss the interest he continues to receive on some of his Toronto Maple Leafs players.
Earlier today on AM 640's Leafs Lunch, Burke teased listeners with the admission he and his management team are considering a multi-player trade proposal.
''We got a trade proposal yesterday (Sunday) that is intriguing. We're actually chewing on it right now,'' Burke stated. ''This one would involve three players and a draft pick…it would involve two guys off of our team,'' Burke added. ''I think we're going to reject it, but we're chewing on it,'' the Leafs gm concluded.
Burke dismissed all speculation linking Toronto and star defenseman, Tomas Kaberle to the Boston Bruins, calling the Boston based reports, ''pure fabrication.''
He also put to the rest the ongoing speculation the Maple Leafs have interest in either Florida's Jay Bouwmeester, or Ducks defenceman Chris Pronger saying he hasn't had any trade discussions with either Florida or Anaheim specific to either player.
Burke did acknowledge a recent offer for Leafs blue-liner Ian White, who he describes as a quality person and says while White may still get traded, Toronto turned down a late 2nd round draft pick for White last week.
High on Toronto's priority list today is determining whether or not Dominic Moore's contract will be extended, or whether Moore's name will be swiftly added to the trade bait list.
''We've had some discussions and it's too early to say whether we will be able to reach some common ground,'' Burke told AM 640. ''We'll nail that down by tonight, so there's plenty of time to move him if it looks like he's not going to sign.''
Burke says there has been trade interest in Moore and others, but aside from yesterday's trade proposal, there is nothing on his desk now that he considers to be solid enough to close a deal.