THE TSN HOCKEY CHALLENGE PRESENTED BY KIA CONTEST (the "Contest") IS A GAME OF PURE SKILL DESIGNED TO TEST THE ENTRANT'S PROGNOSTICATION SKILL IN PREDICTING THE PERFORMANCE OF VARIOUS COMBINATIONS OF PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY PLAYERS DURING THE 2013 REGULAR SEASON. CHANCES OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE ENTRANT'S SKILL AND ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRANTS. THIS CONTEST IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES AND CANNOT BE USED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FORM OF GAMBLING.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS (THE “RULES”).
1. TO ENTER the Contest simply visit the web site located at http://tsn.ca/hockeychallenge, register to become a member of ESPN.com or login under your existing member account, and proceed to register for the Contest by following the instructions found on the site. In the event of a dispute, entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the ESPN.com member account submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address associated with the applicable member account by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
The commencement date for entries for the Contest begins on Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET"). The Contest begins on Saturday, January 19, 2013 (the first day of the 2013 professional hockey season) and ends on Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT (or upon the completion of the 2013 professional hockey regular season, whichever is later) (the "Contest Period"). There is one (1) Grand Prize (the "Grand Prize") to be won from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
The contest sponsors are The Sports Network Inc. ("TSN") and Kia Canada Inc. (referred to, collectively, as the "Contest Sponsors"). All decisions of the Contest Sponsors are final and binding in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
2. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec), be over the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides, possess a valid driver's license in the province in which he/she resides and qualify for automotive insurance coverage. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parents, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a TSN contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with such a winner are not eligible to enter. No purchase is necessary to enter this Contest.
3. HOW TO PLAY.
a. General. The objective of the Contest is to accumulate the most points (see "Scoring" below) over the course of the Contest Period. Players are assigned a rating value based on the 2011-12 season final statistics and projected 2013 season performances. Entrants must select a roster of twelve (12) players to form a complete active roster while staying under the specified fictional total Contest team salary limit of one hundred million dollars ($100 million). Entries that exceed the team salary limit or do not field a complete roster will receive no points. The twelve (12) roster slots are as follows:
- Forwards (F): Six (6)
- Defensemen (D): Four (4)
- Goalies (G): Two (2)
b. How to make your selections. You may enter your selections online by following the instructions in the How to Play section of the game. The roster selected at the beginning of Segment #1 (by Week 1 Lock Time, as set out below) will remain your roster throughout Segment #1 unless you make changes within the salary cap restrictions in accordance with the lock times set out below. Similarly, the roster selected at the beginning of Segment #2 (by Week 16 Lock Time, as set out below) will remain your roster throughout Segment #2 unless you make changes within the salary cap restrictions in accordance with the lock times set out below. If you have not selected a roster by the start of either Segment, you may select a new roster at any time during the Segment, but you will not earn points for any week with an incomplete roster during that Segment (within weekly lock times listed below).
c. Scoring. Below is the scoring system used during the Contest:
- Forwards and Defensemen: One (1) point per goal and one (1) point per assist
- Defensemen: One (1) bonus point per shutout
- Goalies: Two (2) points per win, and one (1) bonus point per shutout
In the event the scheduled professional hockey game listed does not occur as scheduled (e.g., the game is cancelled, postponed, etc.) no points will be awarded.
Scoring will be based on an entrant’s roster for the applicable week.
d. Lock-times. There will be a total of fourteen (14) lock-times as per the following schedule:
Roster Lock Times (each occurs at 7:00 p.m. ET, with the exception of Week 1 which will lock at 3:00p.m. ET)
- Week 1: Saturday, January 19, 2013
- Week 2: Monday, January 28, 2013
- Week 3: Monday, February 4, 2013
- Week 4: Monday, February 11, 2013
- Week 5: Monday, February 18, 2013
- Week 6: Monday, February 25, 2013
- Week 7: Monday, March 4, 2013
- Week 8: Monday, March 11, 2013
- Week 9: Monday, March 18, 2013
- Week 10: Monday, March 25, 2013
- Week 11: Monday, April 1, 2013
- Week 12: Monday, April 8, 2013
- Week 13: Monday, April 15, 2013
- Week 14: Monday, April 22, 2013
All rosters slots will lock in batch at the scheduled time and date as listed above. Rosters must be submitted, received and recorded by Sponsor's computer by the scheduled lock-time. Selections submitted after the lock-times will be effective for the following week’s roster. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
e. Ties.The entrant with the highest number of points will be considered the potential winner. Should a tie exist between two (2) or more eligible entrants for a prize, the potential winner will be determined based on the tiebreakers below. In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
- Tiebreaker #1 - Higher number of points scored during Week 14.
- Tiebreaker #2 - Higher number of points scored during Week 13.
- Tiebreaker #3 - Higher number of points scored during Week 12.
- Tiebreaker #4 - Tiebreakers will continue backwards from Week 11 until Week 1.
- Tiebreaker #5 - The entrant whose date of entry creation was recorded in the system the earliest.
f. Limit of ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER UNIQUE ESPN.COM USER ACCOUNT (REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESSES OR REGISTERED USER ACCOUNTS).
g. Umpires and referees. The decisions of the professional hockey officials responsible for officiating the games shall be final and binding.
4. PrizeThere is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won, to be awarded to the user whom accumulates the most points (see "Scoring" above) over the course of the Contest Period. The Grand Prize consists of one (1) 2014 Forte Sedan SX (model: FO74IE). The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Twenty-five thousand, nine hundred and ninety-five ($25,995 Canadian). The value of the Grand Prize includes the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the vehicle, destination and delivery fees up to $1,455 and dealer fees up to $34 and all applicable taxes. License and insurance excluded. Colour, accessories, trim, and all other specifics of the Grand Prize will be at the sole discretion of Kia Canada Inc. Manufacturer's warranty applies to the Grand Prize. Upon notification, the winner will personally take delivery of the vehicle from a Kia dealership within Canada reasonably close to the winner's home as designated by the Contest Sponsors within sixty (60) days of signing the Release Form (see below). The Grand Prize will not be released unless the winner first shows proof of having a valid driver's license for his/her Province or Territory of residence and the winner has satisfactory auto insurance in place. The winner is solely responsible for all expenses which are not included in the Grand Prize description above, including but not limited to: registration and license fees, insurance, title documentation, additional accessories and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering or using the Grand Prize. The winner is responsible for all costs associated with any upgrade or option packages. The Contest Sponsors at their discretion may substitute a different model year of the same or like model and style in the event of lack of vehicle availability due to limited production or any other reason. Vehicle color and specifications are subject to availability and are at Kia's sole discretion. The Grand Prize must be accepted as described in these rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part or for cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Grand Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Grand Prize is unavailable. The specific vehicle provided to the Grand Prize winner is at the sole discretion of Kia. Vehicle pictured in any advertising surrounding this Contest may not be the actual car awarded.
Within a reasonable time after the end of the Contest Period, TSN will send an email to the email address associated with the applicable ESPN.com member account to contact potential winner of the Grand Prize. The potential winner will be asked in the email, among other questions, to provide a telephone number at which TSN can contact them in order to qualify them as the official winner of the Grand Prize. In the event TSN has not received an email response from the potential winner OR has not been able to qualify the potential winner as the official winner (including the administration of the skill testing question as required below) within ten (10) days after sending the initial email to the potential winner, the Contest Sponsor has the right to disqualify the potential winner and declare the eligible Entrant who accumulates the next highest number of points during the Contest Period (and wins any pending tiebreaker) as the winner (subject to verification, skill testing question and all other requirements herein).
5. In order for the Grand Prize winner to be declared a winner, the potential winner must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by TSN. Before being awarded the Grand Prize, potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form (the “Release Form”) stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations, grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner beyond the awarding of or participation in the Grand Prize, accepts the Grand Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors and ESPN from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner's participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Grand Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify potential winner and, declare the eligible entrant who accumulates the next highest amount of points during the Contest Period (and wins any pending tiebreaker) as the winner (subject to verification, skill testing question and all other requirements herein) and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected.
6. By entering this Contest the entrants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
7. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors. Contest Sponsors and ESPN along with their directors, officers, partners dealers and employees assume no responsibility for: i) garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions; ii) incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof; or iii) any injury or damage to entrants' or any other persons' computer system(s), software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest website or due to viruses or otherwise or breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computers.
8. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.
9. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
10. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.