MLB

Giants 2B Scutaro says he'll start the season on the DL

{eot}
The Canadian Press
3/26/2014 4:57:11 PM
Decrease Text SizeIncrease Text Size
Text Size

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- San Francisco Giants second baseman Marco Scutaro says he will begin the season on the disabled list.

Scutaro has been sidelined for most of the spring with back problems.

The Giants didn't make an official announcement before their game against Colorado on Wednesday. But the 38-year-old Scutaro says he is likely to remain in Arizona for more treatment when the team breaks camp.

Scutaro was plagued by back stiffness for most of the 2013 season. He had a couple of epidural injections earlier this spring and recently had a cortisone injection.

Scutaro's situation likely will leave Joaquin Arias as the starting second baseman. Arias started at third base on Wednesday, with Pablo Sandoval nursing a small cut in his hand.

Marco Scutaro (Photo: The Canadian Press)

zoom

(Photo: The Canadian Press)
Share This

Share This

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to FarkAdd to TwitterAdd to Stumble UponAdd to Reddit
Print this Story



Baseball Canada

Keep up with the latest on Canada's national programs from the governing body for amateur baseball in Canada.


Baseball Canada Website

Podcasts

TSN 1050: The Baseball Podcast : Episode 17 - Aug. 6th

Scott MacArthur, Richard Griffin & Gregor Chisholm discuss quiet trade deadline for the Blue Jays, struggling rotation & potential Biogenesis fallout.

TSN 1050: The Baseball Podcast: July 30 - Episode 15

Scott MacArthur & Toronto Star's Richard Griffin preview the trade deadline, Blue Jays' needs & being on Boston as Jon Lester rumours ramp up.

TSN 1050: Blue Lunch: July 9 - John McDonald

LA Angels infielder, John McDonald joined Blue Lunch to discuss his career from the time he left Toronto to the present.


More Podcasts

© 2014
All rights reserved.
Bell Media Television