The Toronto Raptors' thrilling win over the Brooklyn Nets last night has broken the team's all-time television record, as overnight data from BBM Canada confirms the game attracted an average audience of 1 million viewers to TSN from tip-off to final buzzer – making it the single most-watched Raptors game ever.
Audience levels peaked at more than 2 million viewers late in the fourth quarter as the Raptors secured their 115-113 victory.
Game 5 was the #1 sports program on Canadian television yesterday, ahead of three Game 7s in the NHL Playoffs.
The Raptors continue to captivate viewers in their hometown market, as Game 5 was the most-watched program of the day in the Greater Toronto Area, and achieved a 21.9 per cent share.
In total, 4 million unique viewers tuned in to watch Kyle Lowry's 36-point performance in a heart-stopping game that sees the Raptors now just one win away from a trip to the Second Round.
Overall, the Raptors' First Round NBA PLAYOFFS series against the Brooklyn Nets on TSN has attracted a total audience reach of more than 7 million unique viewers through the first five games.
The Road to 1 Million
The five Raptors games that have held the title of most-watched ever:
• Nov. 3, 1995 – Raptors inaugural game vs. Nets – 580,000
• Dec. 10, 1995 – Raptors vs. Grizzlies (first NBA game between two Canadian teams) – 605,000
• May 6, 2001 – After defeating the New York Knicks for their first playoff series win, Raptors beat Philadelphia in Game 1 of the Second Round – 819,000
• May 20, 2001 – Two weeks later, Raptors lose Game 7 of the Second Round series vs. Philadelphia (Vince Carter misses the winning shot at the buzzer) – 916,000
• April 30, 2014 – Raptors take 3-2 series lead in First Round vs. Nets – 1,003,000
The Raptors on TSN
Canadians can continue to follow the Raptors on Canada's Sports Leader throughout the First Round of the NBA PLAYOFFS. Live coverage continues tomorrow (Friday, May 2) with the Raptors looking for the clinching victory in Game 6: Toronto @ Brooklyn at 7 p.m. ET on TSN, TSN GO, and TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto.
The broadcast schedule for Games 6 & 7 is as follows**:
• Game 6: Toronto @ Brooklyn – Friday, May 2 at 7 p.m. ET on TSN
• Game 7: Brooklyn @ Toronto – Sunday, May 4 at TBD (if necessary)
TSN's complete NBA post-season coverage, which includes the NBA FINALS, is available for live streaming on TSN GO.