@TSNBobMcKenzie Twitter Contest
- Contest -
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. TO ENTER the @TSNBobMcKenzie Twitter contest (the "Contest") from your personal Twitter account, follow the Contest Sponsor's official Twitter account ("@TSNBobMcKenzie") and retweet the following phrase "I follow @TSNBobMcKenzie for his Insider information . Rules at TSN.ca/Contests" (each an "Entry Tweet"). Your Entry Tweet must include "@TSNBobMcKenzie" (each a "Mention") so that your Entry Tweet appears in the Contest Sponsor's Mentions tab. (Note: You will need to create a personal Twitter account if you don't already have one. Membership on Twitter is free, and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to www.twitter.com (the "Twitter web site") and following the on-screen instructions to open an account). In addition, eligible entrants will need to become a "follower" of @TSNBobMcKenzie (each, a "Follower") in order to be notified that you are a potential Prize winner (if applicable) in accordance with the procedure outlined below. To become a Follower, an eligible entrant must: (i) visit www.twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie; or (ii) from his/her Twitter home page, click on the "Find People" tab and perform a search for "TSNBobMcKenzie"; and (iii) click on the "Follow" button corresponding to @TSNBobMcKenzie. Any Entry Tweet that does not follow the above format will be discarded and will not be eligible for entry in this Contest. Incorrect and/or incomplete Entry Tweets and Entry Tweets received outside the applicable Contest Period, and/or Entry Tweets that contain obscene, offensive, or any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Contest Sponsor wishes to associate itself (all as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion) will be void. All Entry Tweets must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com. By following @TSNBobMcKenzie and sending your Entry Tweet, you agree to be bound by these official rules and regulations (the "Rules"). Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. All entries are subject to verification. Limit of one (1) entry per individual and per Twitter account. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than one time during the Contest Period, all of your entries will be void. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Twitter account that submitted the applicable Entry Tweet. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the person who is assigned to a Twitter account by www.twitter.com. An entrant/Follower may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the applicable Entry Tweet. All entries become the property of Contest Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Creating multiple Twitter accounts in order to exceed the limits on entries permitted by these Rules will result in the disqualification of such entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to "protected mode", your Entry Tweet and/or responses may not be visible in Contest Sponsor's inbox and may not thus be received by Contest Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Contest Sponsor to see your Entry Tweet and/or responses. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are the potential Prize winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
2. Contest starts at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Thursday March 7, 2013 and closes on Tuesday March 12th, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). There is one (1) prize (the "Prizes") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
3. The Contest sponsor is The Sports Network Inc. (TSN) (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest Sponsor").
4. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must: (i) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec); and, (ii) be of the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a previous TSN contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
5. Prize - There is one (1) Prize consisting of a trip for two (2) to Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Trip includes: round trip economy air fare for two (2) from a major Canadian airport closest to the Prize winner's place of residence in Canada (hereinafter referred to as the "Departure Point"); two nights accommodation (based on one (1) room, double occupancy) as chosen by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion; and, return ground transportation to and from the airport in Toronto, and select ground transportation while in Toronto (as determined by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion). The Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including, without limitation, as applicable, taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, meals and beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance, any required travel documentation, all personal expenses of any kind or nature, and any overnight layover. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. The Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point as the Prize originates and terminates there. It is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation, as applicable. The Prize winner and his/her travelling companion must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion and authority, failing which the Prize will be forfeited. It is recommended that the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Travel dates will be determined by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion, however travel is expected to occur sometime between March 21, 2013 and May 30, 2013. The travelling companion must be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence in order to participate in the Prize. Approximate retail value of the Prize is thirty five hundred dollars ($ 3,500 CAD) based on a Vancouver, BC, departure. In the event that the Prize winner resides within a 200 km radius of Toronto, the Prize is deemed not to include return airfare, and no cash will be provided in lieu thereof. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the Prize winner once his/her booking has been confirmed. The Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program. Before being able to participate in the Prize, the travelling companion will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the travelling companion, beyond his/her participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the travelling companion's participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize.
6. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
7. On March 15, 2013 at approximately 12 p.m. ET, a random draw for the Prize will take place at TSN's offices in Agincourt, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first eligible entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The Contest Sponsor, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that he or she may have won the Prize by using the direct message feature on Twitter for the user account that submitted the potentially winning Entry Tweet within two (2) business days from the draw. The potential winner must respond within two (2) business days according to the instructions in the notification, or he or she will be disqualified. If the potential winner is not a Follower, then potential winner will have to become a Follower (so that Contest Sponsor will be able to send a private direct message via Twitter) within the time stated in the Contest Sponsor's submission of an @Reply to the potential winner or else Contest Sponsor may disqualify the potential winner at its sole discretion. Potential winner may discontinue following @TSNBobMcKenzie after the completion of the notification, eligibility verification and Prize fulfillment procedures outlined in these Rules. It is each entrant's responsibility to set his or her account settings to accept contacts by Contest Sponsor and to timely check his or her Twitter account for any such direct messages or @Replies. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by the Contest Sponsor. Before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations ("Rules"), grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner's participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than March 20, 2013 .
8. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
9. All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant's computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.