MONTREAL (May 1, 2014) – One of hockey's greatest rivalries will be reignited when the Montreal Canadiens face off against the Boston Bruins in the Second Round of the 2014 STANLEY CUP® PLAYOFFS. TSN 690, the Canadiens' official radio broadcaster, is there to deliver live coverage of every game, plus extensive pre- and post-game coverage from the series.
Calling all the action on TSN 690 are play-by-play commentator John Bartlett and analyst Sergio Momesso, a former Montreal Canadien and Stanley Cup Champion.
Fans can tune in on AM 690 in Montréal, online at TSN.ca/Montreal, or via the TSN GO app.
TSN 690's live coverage begins tonight at 7 p.m. ET with Game 1: Montreal @ Boston.
The station is bolstering its Second Round coverage with the following:
- Special editions of MELNICK IN THE AFTERNOON – live from Boston – today and Friday afternoons from 3-7 p.m. ET
- Special pre-game and post-game coverage – live from Boston – on Thursday and Saturday, with pre-game coverage kicking off at 7 p.m. ET and 10:30 a.m. ET respectively
- Special Playoff Road Reports from Melnick and TSN 690's Conor McKenna and Mitch Gallo
- NHL ON TSN analyst Jeff O'Neill will be in Montréal for Game 3 and 4 to join TSN 690's game coverage, including MELNICK IN THE AFTERNOON
- O'Neill will also join the MORNING SHOW WITH PRICE, STARR AND MOFFATT
- Simulcasts between TSN 690's THE MONTREAL FORUM with Tony Marinaro and Boston radio station WEEI's Mutt & Merloni after every weekday game
TSN 690 will also continue to deliver in-depth analysis and Habs-focused talk across its slate of local programming, including:
- THE HABS BREAKFAST: weekday mornings at 7:10, 8:10, and 9:10 a.m. ET during the MORNING SHOW WITH PRICE, STARR AND MOFFATT
- THE HABS LUNCH: weekdays from 12 noon to 1 p.m. ET with Tony Marinaro and Montreal Canadiens Stanley Cup winner Chris Nilan
- MELNICK IN THE AFTERNOON: Pierre McGuire joins the station's drive home show weekdays at 5:10 p.m. ET
- Plus contributing reports from TSN's team of Hockey Insiders and analysts, including Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Ray Ferraro, and Aaron Ward, as well as Montreal Gazette hockey writer Pat Hickey, and more
Fans can also follow the HABS REPORT on TSN.ca/Montreal throughout the Second Round, with blog posts, interviews, and podcasts from Bartlett and TSN 690 Habs reporter Jessica Rusnak.
RDS delivers live French-language broadcast coverage of the Canadiens-Bruins series beginning tonight at 7 p.m. ET.