Rules and Regulations
The TSN Predictor: Hockey Edition contest (the “Contest”) begins on October 1, 2013 at approximately 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on April 13, 2014 at approximately 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the “Contest Period”). For purposes of these Official Rules all times are PT.
The Contest sponsors are The Sports Network Inc. (“TSN”) and Kia Canada Inc. (“Kia Motors”) (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and at least sixteen (16) years of age at the time of the end of the Contest Period. Subject to the eligibility limitation provided above, an entrant who is under the age of majority in his/her province or territory at the time of entry is eligible to enter the Contest and win a prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts any such prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such entrant. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a TSN contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with such a winner are not eligible to enter.
To enter the Contest, simply visit the web site located at www.TSN.ca/Predictor (the “Contest Website”) during the Contest Period and sign in to play by following the instructions found on the Contest Website or you can sign in to play via Facebook Connect (if using this method you will be required to enter your Facebook username and password) then fully complete and submit the Contest entry form. All entries must include your name, address, age, ten digit day and evening telephone numbers and e-mail address. Entrant must register before making any match-up selections as described below. Limit one (1) entry per person (regardless of the number of email addresses) or per email address (regardless of whether more than one person uses the same email address). Use of any automated system (e.g., robots, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods) is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to use an automated system or to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple or different email addresses, identities or any other methods, will void all of that entrant's entries, and render that person ineligible to receive any of the prizes. Entry materials and data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If you opt to enter the Contest via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are the potential Prize winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
HOW TO PLAY
On the main game play page, under the “Today’s Picks” tab, entrants are challenged to select the outcome of listed hockey match-ups between various professional teams (each an “Event”). The lock-time for an Event is the listed start time for the Event, but may be changed by the Game Administrator to accommodate late or early starts, or for any other reason, in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. If an Event is mistakenly left unlocked after the Event has begun, the Game Administrator may lock the selection for that Event or cancel that Event altogether, in the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. Entrants can only select a maximum of one (1) Event per day. Once the entrant has selected his or her Event they will have until the identified lock-time of that Event to change their selection or choose another Event. Once the lock-time is reached, the selection will be final. The Game Administrator may add or remove Events at any time; however, most Events will be entered in the system by 12:00 a.m. PT on the day of the Event.
Here are examples of match-ups between two teams:
- TORONTO vs BOSTON
- CHICAGO vs MONTREAL
- LOS ANGELES vs VANCOUVER
Once a match-up has been selected, entrants will have the option to also select an answer to the provided “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day”.
Here are examples of the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day”
- Who will score more goals tonight: Sidney Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin?
- Who will have more shots on net tonight: Toronto or Boston?
Entrants are not required to participate in the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day” but do so at their own risk in an attempt to increase their point streak by an additional point (as described in detail below). Entrants who wish to participate in the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day” should read the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day” and corresponding answers carefully before making their selection.
On the first day of each Predictor Period (as defined below), all entrants will start with a point streak of zero (0), and at the conclusion of the Predictor Period all streaks are reset to zero. If an entrant correctly predicts a winner in a match-up, one (1) point is added to that entrant’s point streak. If an entrant incorrectly predicts the winner of a match-up, the entrant’s point streak ends and is reset to zero (0). A point streak is measured by the number of consecutive match-ups an entrant correctly predicts. If an entrant elects to participate in the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day”, and selects the correct response, he/she will be awarded one (1) additional point to his/her streak. If an entrant selects the incorrect response to the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day”, the entrant’s point streak ends and is reset to zero (0) regardless of whether they have correctly predicted the winner of a match-up. Similarly, an incorrect prediction of a match-up will automatically void a response to the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day” resetting an entrant’s streak to zero (0).
Entrants are not required to play every day. Match-ups and the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day” that end as a tie will be scored as a "PUSH" and entrants’ streaks for entrants that selected that match-up and/or answered the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day”, as applicable, will be calculated as follows: If an entrant incorrectly predicts the winner of a match-up, the entrant’s score is reset to zero (0) and the “PUSH” on the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day” is irrelevant; if an entrant correctly predicts match-up, and the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day” is a tie, the entrant will be awarded one (1) point for correctly picking the match-up, and the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day” will result in a “PUSH”, leaving the entrants streak intact; if a match-up is a “PUSH” the entrant’s streak remains unchanged, and the corresponding “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day” becomes irrelevant to the entrant’s score, whether correct or not (an entrant must correctly pick the match-up winner in order to receive an additional Double Down point). Match-ups and/or the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day” may also be cancelled by the Game Administrator for reasons including, but not limited to, player injuries, player absences, or inability to complete the Event because of weather or any other reason in the Game Administrator’s sole discretion. If this occurs, the match-up and/or the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day” (as applicable) will be listed as "Cancelled", "Postponed" or "OFF" and scored as "PUSH" If the “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day” relates to the cancelled game, that question will be cancelled, and time permitting, a new question will be posted. If time does not allow for such action, there will be no question for that day. In all such cases, the Game Administrator's decision is final, binding and non-appealable. In the event that the match-up selected by an entrant is marked as a "PUSH", that entrant’s streak will NOT end, but instead will continue unchanged. The Game Administrator reserves the right to revise all streaks for reasons including, but not limited to, revisions in official goals, assists or point allocations as determined by the relevant professional hockey league.
Entrants, entries, Event selections and “Kia Rondo Double Down Question of the Day” selections are subject to verification at any time for compliance with these Rules, as determined by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion. Entrants may be required to provide proof of compliance in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsors upon request; failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification of the entrant and/or of his/her point streak, as determined by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion.
PRIZING & TIEBREAKERS
Monthly Prize ($1,000): There will be six (6) monthly prizes awarded, one for each Predictor Period, each consisting of one-thousand dollars (CAD $1,000), payable by cheque (each a “Monthly Prize”). The Monthly Prize will be awarded to the entrant who accumulates the highest consecutive point streak during each Predictor Period. In the event that two (2) or more entrants are tied for the monthly prize, the following tiebreakers will take place in the indicated order:
- Entrant with the higher winning percentage for match-ups played by that entrant during the Predictor Period.
- Entrant with most total wins for match-ups during the Predictor Period.
- Random Draw.
The six (6) Predictor Periods are identified below:
- October 2013 (October 1 – 31)
- November 2013 (November 1 – 30)
- December 2013 (December 1 – 31)
- January/February 2014 (January 1 – February 8)
- February/March 2014 (February 26 – March 31)
- April 2014 (April 1 – April 13)
All Predictor Periods start at 12:00 a.m. PT and end at 11:59:59 p.m. PT of the last day of that period.
Each Monthly Prize winner will also be entered into the Grand Prize draw for the chance to win an All-New 2014 Kia Rondo EX.
Grand Prize (2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury): There is one (1) grand prize available to be won, consisting of one (1) 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury (model code: RN756E) (the “Grand Prize”). The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Thirty Two Thousand One Hundred Ninety Five dollars ($32,195) CDN. The value of the Grand Prize includes the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the vehicle, destination and delivery fees up to $1,665 and dealer fees up to $34 and all applicable sales taxes. Colour, accessories, and other specifics of the Grand Prize vehicle will be selected at the sole discretion of Kia Motors. Manufacturer’s warranty applies to the Grand Prize. Upon notification, the winner will personally take delivery of the Grand Prize vehicle from a Kia Motors dealership within Canada located as reasonably close to the winner’s home as possible as designated by the Contest Sponsors within six (6) to eight (8) weeks of the winner signing the Release Form (See Rule 6). The Grand Prize vehicle will not be released unless the winner first shows proof of having a valid driver’s license for his/her Province or Territory of residence and the winner has satisfactory auto insurance in place. The winner is solely responsible for all expenses which are not included in the Grand Prize value description above, including but not limited to: registration and license fees, insurance, title documentation, additional accessories and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering or using the Grand Prize vehicle. The winner is responsible for all costs associated with any upgrade or option packages, which may or may not be available, upon request of same from Kia Motors.
- The Contest Sponsors may, at their discretion, substitute the Grand Prize with a different vehicle, different model or model year of the same vehicle or in the event of lack of vehicle availability due to limited production or any other reason. The Grand Prize must be accepted as described in these rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part or for cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Grand Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Grand Prize is unavailable. The specific vehicle provided to the Grand Prize winner is at the sole discretion of Kia Motors. Vehicle pictured in any advertising surrounding this Contest may not be the actual car awarded.
- On or after May 7, 2014 at approximately 2:00 p.m. ET, a random draw for the Grand Prize will take place at the TSN offices in Toronto from among all six (6) Monthly Prize winners. The odds of winning a Monthly Prize are not quantifiable and will depend upon the number of entries received during each Predictor Period as well as the degree by which each entrant is able to successfully predict the outcomes of matchups and other related questions. The odds of a Monthly Prize winner winning the Grand Prize are 1 in 6. Within a reasonable time after the Grand Prize draw and within a reasonable time after the determination of the Monthly Prize winner, a representative of TSN will contact the potential winner (or in the case of a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian), by telephone, in order to qualify them as the official winner of the applicable prize. In the event TSN has not received a response from the potential winner OR has not been able to qualify the potential winner as the official winner (including the administration of the skill testing question as required below) within ten (10) days after making the initial telephone call to the potential winner, the Contest Sponsors have the right to disqualify the potential winner and an alternate potential winner will be drawn, or in the case of a Monthly Prize, the entrant with the next longest streak during a Predictor Period will be selected as the potential winner. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
In order to be declared a winner, each potential winner must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by TSN. Before being awarded the Prize, the applicable potential winner, and if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify such potential winner and select an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected.
- By entering this Contest the entrants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- All entries become property of Contest Sponsors. Contest Sponsors along with their directors, officers, affiliates, partners dealers and employees assume no responsibility for: i) garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions; ii) incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof; or iii) any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other persons' computer system(s), software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the contest website or due to viruses or otherwise or breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computers.
If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, at their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof.
The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entrant they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest, or where contest entries are generated by unauthorized mechanical or automated means, or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law.
- Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Contest Sponsors and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the administration of the Contest or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from either of the Contest Sponsors. Facebook is completely released of all liability from each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Sponsors and not Facebook.