Doug Hoyes “Straight Talk on Your Money”
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The Doug Hoyes “Straight Talk on Your Money” Contest (the “Contest”) starts on Monday, September 18, 2017 at 12:00a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and closes on Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Limit one (1) prize per household.
2. The contest sponsors are TSN 1150 Hamilton, a division of Bell Media Inc. and Hoyes Michalos (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
3. ELIGIBLITY: To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario and be nineteen (19) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsors, their agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a previous TSN 1150 contest within the thirty (30) days preceding the start of the applicable contest (including persons designated by such winners to participate in the prize as well as those with whom they reside) are also ineligible to enter.
4. TO ENTER the Contest, simply visit the web site located at www.tsn1150.ca. (the “Contest Website”), click on the Promotions page and complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Promotions page. All entries must include your name, address, age, ten digit day and evening telephone numbers, and e-mail address. If you submit a fully completed Contest entry form during the Contest Period, you will receive one entry (the “Entry”), subject to your compliance with these Rules (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion). Limit of one (1) Entry per individual during the Contest Period. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once during the Contest Period, all your Entries will be void. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Illegible entries are ineligible.
5. PRIZE: There are five (5) Prizes, consisting of one (1) copy of Doug Hoyes “Straight Talk on Your Money.” The approximate retail value of each Prize is $21.00 CAD.
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded. Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
7. DRAW: On Monday, October 2, 2017 at approximately 9:00 a.m. ET, a random draw for the Prizes will take place at Bell Media Inc., Hamilton from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first five entries drawn will be eligible to win a Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that he or she may have won a Prize by immediately after the draw. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted immediately after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
8. IN ORDER TO BE DECLARED A WINNER, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read, understood and complied with these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected.
9. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
10. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their rights in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner, including any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
12. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
13. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS for the Doug Hoyes “Straight Talk on Your Money” Contest
No purchase necessary. Contest starts on Monday, September 18, 2017 at 12:00a.m. ET and closes on Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Open to legal residents of Ontario who are nineteen (19) years of age or older. Some restrictions apply. Correct answer to a mathematical skill testing question required. Approximate retail value of each Prize is $21.00 CAD. Odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Draw: Monday, October 2, 2017. Complete contest rules and entry available at www.tsn1150.ca.