TSN 690 ICAR Contest Rules
1. The “ICAR” contest (hereinafter: the “Contest”) is brought to you by Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter: the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs in Quebec, from June 23rd, at midnight ET to July 7th, at 10am ET (hereinafter: the “Contest Period”).
2. This Contest is open to all persons residing in Quebec who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence as of the first day of the Contest Period. Notwithstanding the preceding, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies), their advertising and promotional agencies, ICAR, suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to this Contest or any other party directly linked to the holding of this Contest (the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” includes: father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, legal or common-law spouse and individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives reside.
HOW TO ENTER
3. No purchase necessary. To enter, you must comply with the eligibility criteria set out in the Contest Rules within the Contest Period, listen to the “Morning Show” broadcast on TSN radio station (hereinafter: the “Station”) from June 26th to July 7th between 6am and 10am ET (hereinafter: the “Show”), and at the Show host’s signal, best the fastest to text in at 11690 the correct spelling of the CLUE WORD of the day, provide your last name, first name and if you are the fastest to correctly spell the CLUE WORD, you will automatically be entered in the Contest.
4. Entrants must comply with the following conditions, otherwise the Contest Organizers reserve the right to cancel one or more of their entries and/or disqualify the entrant from participating in the Contest:
4.1 There is a limit of one entry per phone number per day.
5. The following grand prize is available to be won: one (1) grand prize will be awarded, consisting of an interior air-conditioned Corporate Suite for 8 people with a stunning view on the track and access to the site during July 7th & 8th, food and parking included, valued at $1,499.
6. All expenses other than those specifically mentioned above as included shall be assumed by the winner.
7. The following secondary prizes are available to be won: ten (10) secondary prizes will be offered, each consisting of two (2) VIP tickets to the event, of an approximate value of $ 80.
8. All expenses other than those specifically mentioned above as included shall be assumed by the winner.
9. Between June 26th to July 7th, between 6am and 10am ET, in Montreal, at the office of the Contest Organizers, a random draw will be held in compliance with section 3, in order to award the grand prize, among the entrants identified as finalists as set out in section 3.
10. There is a limit of one secondary prize per person. A contestant will not be eligible to win more than one prize during a period of thirty (30) days in any contest held on radio by TSN and any contest held on the website of TSN. Any potential winner in this Contest who does not comply with this condition will automatically be disqualified and another draw will take place to designate a winner. An ID may be required when claiming the prize.
11. The odds of a participant’s entry being randomly selected depend upon the number of entries received in compliance with section 3 above.
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
12. In order to be declared a winner, each selected potential winner must be in compliance with these Contest Rules and in particular, the following:
12.1 The Contest Organizers must be able to reach the potential winner by phone within fifteen (15) days or less only if circumstances are justified of the date on which the potential winner’s entry was randomly selected;
12.2 If required, sign a publicity release and liability waiver form (hereinafter: the “Release Form”) sent by the Contest Organizers and return it to them within fifteen 15) days or less only if circumstances are justified of receipt.
13. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. In the event the potential or declared winner fails to comply with any one of the conditions set out above or any other conditions set out in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and if time allows, a new draw for the prize will be held in accordance with these Contest Rules, until an entrant is selected and declared a winner, without affecting the order in which other prizes are awarded.
14. Within fifteen (15) days, winners will have to take possession of their prize by presenting themselves at TSN (1717, boul. René-Lévesque Est, Montréal (QC) H2L 4T9). In the event the winner fails to collect his or her prize in accordance with the instructions set out in this paragraph, the winner will forfeit the right to collect the prize, and the Contest Organizers reserve the right to withdraw the prize entirely, with no further obligation to award such prize in any additional draws.
15. Verification. Entry Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any Entry Form which is incomplete, incomprehensible, inaudible, illegible, fraudulent, mutilated, altered, contains false information or is not received within the Contest Period, or any Entry Form which does not contain the correct answer to the CLUE WORD of the day or otherwise does not confirm to these Contest Rules will automatically be rendered invalid and will not entitle such entrant to be eligible for a prize.
16. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of any person participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these Contest Rules or in a manner which is unfair to other entrants (e.g.: use of an Entry form obtained from an unauthorized source, entries exceeding the limit allowed, computer hacking, etc.). Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Contest Rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Contest Organizers reserve the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future contests. Such person may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities.
17. Non compliance/eligibility. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared. Any potential or declared winner who is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, must so inform the Contest Organizers immediately upon being contacted by the Contest Organizers.
18. Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in full or in part for cash, subject to the section below.
19. Substitution of prize. In the event it is impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or part of a prize) as described in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to award a prize (or part of a prize) of similar nature and equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the value of the prize (or of the part of the prize) in cash.
20. Refusal of a prize. The refusal by a potential or declared winner to accept any prize awarded in accordance with the Contest Rules, releases and forever discharges the Contest Organizers and their agents of all obligations related to the prize, including delivery.
21. Liability limit – use of prize. Each entrant and any potential or declared winner releases the Contest Organizers, their subsidiaries, respective divisions, their parent corporations, their advertising and promotional agencies, their shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (hereinafter: the “Beneficiaries”) from any and all damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of his/her prize. In order to be declared a winner and prior to obtaining his/her prize, any potential or declared winner agrees, to sign a declaration to such effect in the Release Form.
22. Any person selected for a grand prize OR a secondary prize acknowledges that upon receipt of the prize, all services to be rendered in connection with their prize become the sole responsibility of the services supplier.
23. Modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, in the case of the occurrence of an event, an error or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or the running of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required.
24. Early termination of the Contest. In the event that the computer system cannot record all the contest entries during the Contest Period for whatever reason, or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date of the Contest as per the Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers will proceed with the draw among entry forms duly registered during the Contest Period or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event that lead to the termination of the Contest.
25. Limit of prizes. In no event shall the Beneficiaries be obligated to award more prizes than set out in these Contest Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
26. Impossibility to act – labour dispute. The Beneficiaries shall not be responsible for any damages for a failure to operate the Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules in any case where their incapacity to act results from circumstances or a situation beyond their reasonable control or because of a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in their company or those of businesses which services are used for holding this Contest, war, riot, insurrection, earthquake, terrorism, civil commotion, fire, flood, accident, storm or any other act of nature.
27. Liability limit – participation. Any person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest releases the Beneficiaries from any and all liability for damages which he/she could suffer from participating or trying to participate in this Contest.
28. Authorization. By entering this Contest, each declared winner consents to the Contest Organizers, ICAR and their representatives use, at their sole discretion and if required, their name, photograph, likeness, testimonial related to the prize, place of residence and/or voice without compensation whatsoever and that, without limit as for the period of use, in any media and on a worldwide scale, for publicity purposes or for any purpose that may be considered relevant. A declaration to such effect will be included in the Release Form.
29. List of winners. From July 7th to August 7th the name of the winners will be available [at the office of the Station Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
30. Communication with entrants. No communication (other than while registering) or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants in the context of this Contest, with the exception of selected entrants or declared winner or for the purpose of validating the personal information (for example: phone number) of a randomly selected number of participants.
31. Personal information. Contestant personal information that is collected in this Contest will be used solely by the Contest Organizers, ICAR and their representatives for the administration of the Contest. There will be no communication of commercial or of any other nature, unrelated to this Contest sent to an entrant, unless such entrant gives specific authorization to the Contest Organizers for that specific purpose.
32. Decisions of the Contest Organizers. All decisions of the Contest Organizers or those of their representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to matters under its jurisdiction.
33. Disputes. Disputes regarding the organization or conduct of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Disputes over the awarding of a prize may also be submitted to the Régie, but only for the purposes of helping the parties reach a settlement.
34. Identification of the contestant. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose personal information is printed on the Entry Form or verbally provided by telephone to the Contest Organizers upon entrance in the contest. It is to this person and to whom the prize awarded if selected, and declared a winner.
35. Unenforceability. If a section of these Contest Rules is declared or ruled by a Court of Law as illegal, unenforceable or void, that section will be deemed void but all other sections not affected will be enforced as allowed by Law.
36. Jurisdiction. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.