A slew of upsets highlighted the first day of March Madness as Harvard, Dayton and North Dakota State all unseated higher seeds to reach the Round of 32.
Dayton got the day started off on the right foot, beating Ohio State 60-59 thanks to Vee Sanford's layup with 3.8 seconds left.
Harvard got the better of Cincinnati's vaunted defence, leading for a good portion of their 12 vs. 5 match-up and emerging with a 61-57 victory to bounce the Bearcats.
North Dakota State became the second 12th-seeded team to advance after the Bison knocked out Oklahoma with an 80-75 overtime victory.
But it was not all upsets and surprises, as some of the tournament's best and most visible teams advanced, keeping at least a few brackets intact.
Florida - the only one-seed in action on Thursday was able to overcome an early surprise from Albany to earn a 67-55 victory.
Wisconsin overcame some early-game jitters and powered past American 75-35 with a mammoth second-half, while Syracuse was able to comfortably top Western Michigan 77-53. Michigan State provided the day's biggest solo performance, cruising past Delaware 93-78 on Adreian Payne's huge 41-point effort.
The Michigan Wolverines were also amongst the day's comfortable winners, downing Wofford 57-40.
There were also plenty of nail-biters on Thursday as two additional games went to overtime.
UConn rode a hot extra period from Shabazz Napier, who dumped in nine OT points to help the Huskies past Saint Joseph's 89-81.
Saint Louis took advantage of North Carolina State's ineptitude from the line, erasing a double-digit second-half deficit to take out the Wolf Pack 83-80 in OT.
Texas, too, made good at the last second, with Cameron Ridley's lay-up ending Arizona State's tournament with just a tenth of a second left on the clock when the ball left his hand.
Click here for TSN's full NCAA tournament bracket.
Below is a full list of all Thursday's round-of-64 games.
(6) Ohio State 59, (11) Dayton 60
(2) Wisconsin 75, (15) American 35
(8) Colorado 48, (9) Pittsburgh 77
(5) Cincinnati 57, (12) Harvard 61
(3) Syracuse 77, (14) Western Michigan 53
(7) Oregon 87, (10) BYU 68
(1) Florida 67, (16) Albany 55
(4) Michigan State 93, (13) Delaware 78
(7) UConn 89, (10) Saint Joseph's 81 (OT)
(2) Michigan 57, (15) Wofford 40
(5) Saint Louis 83, (12) N.C. State 80 (OT)
(5) Oklahoma 75, (12) North Dakota State 80 (OT)
(2) Villanova 73, (15) Milwaukee 53
(7) Texas 87, (10) Arizona State 85
(4) Louisville 71, (13) Manhattan 64
(4) San Diego St. 73, (13) New Mexico St. 69