PrintPrint

Wrestling star Lawler released from Montreal hospital

The Canadian Press

9/17/2012 5:40:54 PM

MONTREAL -- One week after a heart attack, professional wrestling star Jerry "The King" Lawler has been released from a Montreal hospital.

A brief statement from World Wrestling Entertainment says the 62-year-old Lawler will be heading home in the next several days.

He collapsed at the announcer's table at a WWE event at Montreal's Bell Centre last Monday night, after suffering a mild heart attack.

Lawler, who works mainly as a commentator these days, was also involved in a match earlier in the night.

The statement by publicity director Kevin Hennessy says the organization looks forward to his return to WWE in the future.

Last week, the WWE said it was hopeful that Lawler would make a full recovery.