TSN.ca NBA editor Mitch Ward is tracking the progress of the 2012-13 NBA Freshman Class and will be updating the Rookie Rankings every week.
The top two spots remain unchanged in this week's Rookie Rankings but there is a decent amount of turnover on the lower rungs starting with Charlotte's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist moving up to the three spot.
Kidd-Gilchrist overtook Cavaliers shooting guard Dion Waiters thanks in large part to a dominant display in the Bobcats upset win over the Mavericks. If he keeps up his across the board production, Anthony Davis and Damian Lillard might just find themselves bumped down a peg or two.
Wizards guard Bradley Beal is the biggest climber this week after shaking off a slow start to the season. He jumps from the 10 spot all the way to number five on the list after.
The only Raptor in the top-10 continues to be Jonas Valanciunas which will likely be the case for most of the season. The big Lithuanian has been steady since the beginning of the year.
The Top 10
1. PG Damian Lillard - Portland Trail Blazers (unchanged)
2.PF Anthony Davis - New Orleans Hornets (unchanged)
3. SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - Charlotte Bobcats (up one spot)
4. SG Dion Waiters - Cleveland Cavaliers (down one spot)
5. SG Bradley Beal - Washington Wizards (up five spots)
6. C Jonas Valanciunas - Toronto Raptors (down one spot)
7. PG Alexey Shved - Minnesota Timberwolves (new to the rankings)
8. Harrison Barnes - Golden State Warriors (down one spot)
9. C Andre Drummond - Detroit Pistons (new to the rankings)
10. SG Kyle Singler - Detroit Pistons (down one spot)