Rider Nation plays host to one of the biggest annual sporting events in Canada – and the emotions are heightened as the Saskatchewan Roughriders take on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on home turf at Mosaic Stadium in Regina live on TSN and TSN Radio. As the official broadcaster of the CFL, TSN's exclusive English-language coverage of the 101st GREY CUP begins Sunday, Nov. 24 at 1 p.m. ET with the network's five-hour pre-game show, GREY CUP SUNDAY.
French-language coverage of the 101st GREY CUP airs live on RDS beginning Sunday at 5 p.m. ET. TSN's coverage of the big game will also be available to Canadian Forces members deployed overseas via the Canadian Forces Radio & Television.
TSN complements its live television coverage of the 101st GREY CUP with the following multi-platform highlights:
• A weekend of Grey Cup programming
• Live radio coverage on TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto, TSN Radio 690 in Montreal, TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg, TSN Radio 1260 in Edmonton, TEAM 1040 in Vancouver, and on 580 CFRA in Ottawa, sister station to TSN Radio 1200
• Live radio streaming on TSN.ca, with the game also available on demand following the live television broadcast
• The TSN Game Tracker: Canadian Football Edition presented by GMC, giving fans the ultimate companion viewing experience
Once again, the CFL's championship game is proving to be one of the hottest properties for advertisers in Canada. Sponsors of the 101st GREY CUP broadcast on TSN include GMC, NAPA Auto Parts, Nissan, Sun Life, and Wendy's.
Each year, the GREY CUP ranks as one of the most-watched events in Canada. Last year's historic 100th GREY CUP was the most-watched CFL championship game ever recorded on English-language television with 5.4 million viewers.
Below is an overview of 101st GREY CUP programming on TSN platforms:
Saturday, Nov. 23
GREY CUP SATURDAY – 12 noon ET live on TSN
TSN delivers comprehensive coverage of the CFL championship on GREY CUP SATURDAY, with SPORTSCENTRE hosts Jennifer Hedger and Darren Dutchyshen live from the Nissan Family Zone in Regina. Throughout the day, the CFL ON TSN panel checks in from Mosaic Stadium with Grey Cup news and analysis.
Additional GREY CUP SATURDAY highlights include:
• GIBSON'S FINEST CFL PLAYER AWARDS at 12:30 p.m. ET, honouring the CFL's top players from the 2013 season
• SPORTSCENTRE TOP 25 CFL PLAYS OF 2013 at 2:30 p.m. ET, counting down the 25 best plays from the 2013 CFL season
• A special CABBIE PRESENTS from Regina with host Cabral 'Cabbie' Richards
• 100th GREY CUP at 7 p.m. ET. In anticipation of this year's championship game, TSN delivers an encore presentation of the historic 100th GREY CUP that saw the Toronto Argonauts defeat the Calgary Stampeders in front of a home crowd.
Sunday, Nov. 24
GREY CUP SUNDAY PRE-GAME SHOW – 1 p.m. ET live on TSN
TSN's pre-game coverage airs live from Mosaic Stadium, kicking off with SPORTSCENTRE hosts Jennifer Hedger and Darren Dutchyshen.
At 3 p.m. ET, 100th GREY CUP hosts Dave Randorf and Brian Williams take over at Mosaic Stadium for the game, alongside the CFL ON TSN panel featuring Grey Cup champion Chris Schultz, two-time Grey Cup champion and Canadian Football Hall of Famer Matt Dunigan, Jock Climie, Canadian Football Hall of Famer Milt Stegall, and former CFL head coach Paul LaPolice.
The GREY CUP SUNDAY PRE-GAME SHOW also checks in with Cabbie as he hosts the Sun Life Grey Cup Fan March from Victoria Park to Mosaic Stadium, and delivers another special edition of CABBIE PRESENTS from Regina.
101st GREY CUP – 6 p.m. ET live on TSN, TSN Radio, and TEAM Radio
TSN's acclaimed broadcast team of Chris Cuthbert and Glen Suitor are in the broadcast booth at Mosaic Stadium, providing play-by-play commentary and game analysis during the 101st GREY CUP on TSN. Veteran broadcaster Cuthbert has called the action in 15 previous CFL championship games, while Suitor – a Grey Cup champion with the Saskatchewan Roughriders – makes his sixth appearance in the booth for the big game.
Reporting from the sidelines are TSN's Sara Orlesky and Farhan Lalji.
Prior to kick-off, TSN will feature a performance by Saskatchewan natives The Sheepdogs as part of the CFL's special Kick-Off Show, which also features player introductions and the national anthem performed by Serena Ryder. At halftime, TSN has live coverage of the SiriusXM Grey Cup Half-Time Show featuring Canadian multi-platinum pop group Hedley.
GREY CUP POST-GAME SHOW – 10 p.m. ET live on TSN
CFL Commissioner Mark Cohon presents the Grey Cup to the game's winning team, as well as the awards for Most Valuable Player and Most Valuable Canadian.
During the GREY CUP POST-GAME SHOW, the CFL ON TSN panel will provide post-game analysis and conduct live interviews with players and coaches on the field leading up to SPORTSCENTRE after the game.
TSN complements its live television broadcast of the 101st GREY CUP with the TSN Game Tracker: Canadian Football Edition presented by GMC. Available at TSN.ca/GameTracker, the ultimate companion viewing experience delivers instant highlights of the biggest plays from the 101st GREY CUP, along with real-time access to in-depth stats and detailed game and player analytics.
TSN.ca will also feature live radio streaming of the 101st GREY CUP, with the game also available on demand following the live television broadcast.
Additional TSN Digital highlights include:
• The CFL Video Roundtable, which features the CFL ON TSN panel answering fan questions from e-mail and Twitter in an online video exclusive posted every day during Grey Cup week
• Exclusive daily digital video reports by Farhan Lalji, beginning Wednesday, Nov. 20
• The last instalment of Chris Schultz's popular weekly feature, Schultz Against The World
• The revealing of the TSN Play of the Year Showdown: Canadian Football Edition, as Geroy Simon takes on S.J. Green in the final round of online voting
• Instant video features and in-game highlights, plus a full breakdown of the Hamilton-Saskatchewan matchup complete with news, analysis, and blogs from TSN's CFL experts and Insiders
TSN Radio hits the gridiron as the national radio broadcaster of the 101st GREY CUP. Play-by-play commentator Rod Black and analyst and two-time Grey Cup champion Duane Forde will call the game live on the following TSN Radio and Bell Media Radio family of stations:
• TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto
• TSN Radio 690 in Montreal
• TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg
• TSN Radio 1260 in Edmonton
• 580 CFRA in Ottawa, sister station to TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa
• TEAM 1040 in Vancouver
Live radio coverage begins Sunday, Nov. 24 at 4 p.m. ET with a pre-game show hosted by TSN Radio Toronto 1050's Dave Naylor and featuring sideline reports from Mike Hogan. Naylor wraps up the 101st GREY CUP with a full post-game show, including the presentation of the Grey Cup.
Leading up to the big game, TSN Radio will be broadcasting live from the heart of downtown Regina with:
• Dave Naylor hosting TSN DRIVE WITH DAVE NAYLOR on TSN 1050 from Nov. 21-23
• Andrew 'Hustler' Paterson and Gary Lawless hosting HUSTLER AND LAWLESS on TSN 1290 from Nov. 19-23
TSN's anchors and reporters get fans ready for the big game, as SPORTSCENTRE delivers daily coverage from Regina, including:
• Daily hits from the CFL ON TSN panel each day leading up to the 101st GREY CUP
• Daily practice reports from Jermain Franklin and Matthew Scianitti
• Grey Cup-themed Top 10s