Wanderlei Silva is willing to wait for his dream date with Chael Sonnen.
"I think he retired just for now, I think after finishing his suspension, he's gonna (come) back," Silva told Submission Radio on Sunday. "I hope this fight is gonna happen."
The Sonnen vs. Silva bout had been linked to UFC 173 on May 24 and the Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3 finale on May 31 before finally finding a home at UFC 175 scheduled for July 5.
Both fighters never made it to the event.
Sonnen failed back-to-back drug tests and announced his retirement from the UFC. He has since been suspended for two years by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
Silva is reported to have fled from an official sent to collect a sample for a drug test, which results in a failed test. He has appeared in front of the NSAC but no ruling has been made.
"Yeah this is bad for everyone, bad for him, bad for me, bad for the fans who want so much that fight," Silva said. "But I'm gonna (be) waiting for him."