The Vancouver Canucks say that a settlement has been reached in the lawsuit filed by Steve Moore against the team and Todd Bertuzzi, hours after Moore's brother Mark told TSN that no deal had been reached.
"Canucks Sports & Entertainment confirms that a mutually agreeable and confidential settlement of the action commenced by Steve Moore against Todd Bertuzzi and the Vancouver Canucks has been reached," the Canucks said in a statement. "The settlement is a result of mediation sessions with former Ontario Chief Justice Warren Winkler. No further details will be disclosed and the Canucks respectfully decline requests for comment."
Earlier Wednesday, Mark Moore said there was no deal between Steve and Bertuzzi.
"I got a text message from Steve last night and he's very concerned," Mark Moore told TSN. "He says there is no deal yet and isn't sure what to do about all the media speculation.
Mark Moore said his mother and Steve's legal team believed Bertuzzi's legal advisers are trying to ratchet up pressure on Moore to reach a settlement this month.
"Bertuzzi is a free agent and he wants to sign a contract," Mark Moore continued. "They are trying to put on pressure...."