- James Reimer did not practice on Friday, but did manage to work out off the ice. Ron Wilson said surprisingly that he expected Reimer to be available on Sunday. That seems hard to believe though. Reimer was off the ice on Thursday and again on Friday, meaning he'd have just one day of practice (game-day skate) to prepare for Ottawa on Sunday. Reimer was placed on the IR retroactive to Saturday, meaning he is eligible to return against the Senators however unlikely that may be. Head coach Ron Wilson declined to offer any update on the nature of his injury.
- Jonas Gustavsson is expected to start again on Saturday with the Penguins in town.
- Gustavsson explained his "concussion" comments of day ago. He said it was a poor choice of words, admitting that he did not fully understand Reimer's symptoms.
- Phil Kessel left practice after just ten minutes, but is expected to play on Saturday. Wilson said he was a little banged up. Kessel leads the NHL with 16 points.
- The Penguins have won five in a row, despite injuries to Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. Malkin has played in the last two, after missing five with a knee injury. Crosby has not yet played this season.
Lupul Connolly Kessel
MacArthur Grabovski Kulemin
Lombardi Bozak Frattin
Brown Steckel Dupuis
*Injured: Reimer, Armstrong