Treat Your Team
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
July 7, 2014 to July 20, 2014
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Treat Your Team contest (“Contest”), you must have access to a cellular telephone that is capable of two-way text messaging. Text messaging is not available in all areas. Standard text messaging rates apply (check your carrier plan for your standard text messaging fees. To enter, text the keywords “TREAT YOUR TEAM” to short code 10-50-50 (the “Short Code”) along with the name of the Team or Club you are nominating (the “Nominee”).
Text Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Mobile Account Holder of the mobile phone used to enter the Contest. “Authorized Mobile Account Holder" of a mobile phone is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a cellular telephone number by a wireless carrier that is responsible for assigning cellular telephone numbers. An eligible Prize (defined below) winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Mobile Account Holder associated with the Entry.
Limit of one (1) entry/Nominee per person, per day, during the Contest Period. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once a day, all your entries will be void. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Contest starts at 12:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 7, 2013 and closes on July 20, 2014 at 11:59pm ET (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. CONTEST SPONSOR: The contest sponsor is TSN Radio 1050, a division of Bell Media Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBLITY: In order to nominate a Team or a Club, you must be a legal resident of Ontario and be of the age of majority or older. A Nominee must be: (i) an association operating in Ontario dedicated to a particular interest or activity (a “Club”); or (ii) an organization operating in Ontario constituted to play matches in a particular sport (a “Team”). Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
Note that in order for a Nominee to be awarded the Prize, entrants will need to obtain permission from an authorized representative of the Nominee (the “Representative”) who will be participating in the Prize in the event his/her Nominee is selected as the winner and provide TSN Radio 1050 with the Representative’s name and telephone number. The Representative must agree to the terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”) and the release document as described below.
4. PRIZE: There is one (1) Prize consisting of 20 to 30 tickets to an upcoming Toronto Argonauts home game for the winning Nominee (date of game and total number of tickets shall be at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor but shall be no greater than thirty). Approximate retail value of the Prize is $1200 CAD based on thirty tickets. Seat selection and game date and time shall be at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Tickets shall be subject to issuing company’s terms and conditions.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
5. WINNER SELECTION PROCESS: On July 21, 2014 at approximately 10:00am ET, a random draw for the Prize will take place at TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto, Ontario, from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The Nominee of the first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Proof of identification must be provided upon request. TSN Radio 1050, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the entrant who nominated the potential Prize winner to notify the entrant that his/her Nominee may have won the Prize by telephone within two (2) business days of the draw. The entrant must provide TSN Radio 1050 with the Representative’s name and telephone number as set out above. In the event that the entrant cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, and/or the entrant is unable to obtain permission from and provide contact details of the Representative as set out above, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential entrant may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Before being awarded the Prize and being able to participate in the Prize, the Representative and each member of the Team or Club, or if under the age of majority his/her parent or legal guardian, of the potential Prize winning Nominee who will be participating in the Prize will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation beyond his/her participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of his/her participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize.
In the event that the potential Prize winning Nominee does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winning Nominee, and draw an alternate potential winning Nominee, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential Prize winning Nominee shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than November 30, 2013.
6. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
7. All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
9. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
10. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.