OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- TO ENTER the @TSN1050Radio TWITTER contest (the “Contest”) from your Twitter account, follow TSN Radio 1050’s official Twitter account (“@TSN1050Radio”) and follow for your chance to win a pair of Leaf tickets (each an “Entry Tweet”). Your Entry Tweet must include “@TSN1050Radio” (each a “Mention”) so that your Entry Tweet appears in TSN1050Radio’s Mentions tab. (Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free, and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to www.twitter.com (the “Twitter web site”) and following the on-screen instructions to open an account). In addition, eligible entrants will need to become a “follower” of @TSN1050Radio (the “Follower(s)”) in order to be notified that you are a potential Prize winner (if applicable) in accordance with the procedure outlined below. To become a Follower, an eligible entrant must: (i) visit www.twitter.com/TSN1050Radio; or (ii) click on the "Follow" button corresponding to @TSN1050Radio. Any Entry Tweet that does not follow the above format will be discarded and will not be eligible for entry in this Contest. Incorrect and/or incomplete Entry Tweets and Entry Tweets received outside the applicable Contest Period, and/or Entry Tweets that contain obscene, offensive, or any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Contest Sponsors wish to associate (all as determined by Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion) will be void. All Entry Tweets must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com. By following @TSN1050Radio and sending your Entry Tweet you agree to these official rules and regulations (the “Rules”). Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. All entries are subject to verification. Limit of one (1) entry per individual and per Twitter account. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than one time during the Contest Period, all of your entries will be void. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Twitter account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to a Twitter account by www.twitter.com. An entrant/Follower may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the selected Entry Tweet. All entries become the property of Contest Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Creating multiple Twitter accounts in order to exceed the limits on entries permitted by these Rules may result in the disqualification of such entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode”, your Entry Tweet and/or responses may not be visible in TSN 1050 Radio’s inbox and may not thus be received by the Contest Sponsors unless you previously consented to permit TSN 1050 Radio to see your Entry Tweet and/or responses. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are the potential Prize winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
- Contest starts on Monday, April 29 at 6:00 AM EST and closes approximately June 30, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). The contest will air ONLY when the Maple Leafs (“Leafs”) are participating in a Play-Off home game. The contest may end earlier if the Leafs fail to remain in the Play-Off final series. There is a potential of sixteen (16) prizes (the "Prizes") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. This contest is open to Ontario residents only. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Limit of one Prize per household.
- The contest sponsors are Bell Media Inc., TSN 1050 Radio, (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
- To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario / Canada and be nineteen (19) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
- Prizes - There is a potential of sixteen (16) Prizes, each consisting of a pair of tickets to a Maple Leaf Play Off Home Game. The approximate retail value of each Prize is $500.00 CAD. The amount of prizing will be dertermined on whether the Leafs remain in the Play-Offs and if they are home games only during the contest period.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
- On the day of each draw that coincides with the Maple Leaf home game play-off at approximately 1:15pm EST during TSN’s “Leafs Lunch with Bryan Hayes”, we tweet out to those that are following the “question of the day” for a chance to win a pair of Leaf home game Playoff tickets which will take place at Bell Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first qualifying correct answer drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. TSN 1050 Radio, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that he or she may have won a Prize by using the direct message feature on Twitter for the user account that submitted the potentially winning entry Tweet, within one (1) business days from the draw. Potential winner must respond within one (1) business days according to the instructions in the notification, or he or she will be disqualified. If potential winner is not a Follower, then potential winner will have to become a Follower (so that TSN 1050 Radio will be able to send a private direct message via Twitter) within the time stated in the Contest Sponsors’ submission of an @Reply to the potential winner or else Contest Sponsors may disqualify the potential winner at their sole discretion. Potential winner may discontinue following @TSN1050Radio after the completion of the notification, eligibility verification and Prize fulfillment procedures outlined in these Rules. It is each entrant’s responsibility to set his or her account settings to accept contacts by TSN 1050 Radio and to timely check his or her Twitter account for any such direct messages or @Replies. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, potential winner, or in the case of a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian] will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form in the Contest Sponsors’ form stating, among other things, that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required by the Contest Sponsors, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and/or otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice and all other indicia of personality, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news and/or for entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and/or use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected.
- By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Tweets, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name[s] of the Prize winner[s] (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS for the @TSN1050Radio TWITTER Contest
No purchase necessary. Some restrictions apply. Contest starts at 6:00AM on Monday, April 29, 2013 and potentially closes on June 30, 2013. Complete contest rules and regulations available at www.tsn.ca/toronto. Open to legal residents of Ontario / Canada only who are nineteen (19) years of age or older. Must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill testing question to be declared a Prize winner. The approximate retail value of each Prize awarded is $500 CAD. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.