Backyard Tailgate Contest
The Backyard Tailgating movement is sweeping the nation and we at TSN 1290 want you to be part of the action this summer!
First off, shoot us an e-mail to email@example.com and tell us why we should throw you - and 30 of your friends the biggest backyard Tailgating party you've ever seen.
Then, sit back, relax, and listen to 'The Big Show' throughout the summer TSN 1290. Hear your name as one of our lucky Friday winners and we'll bring the flavour to your backyard with delicious Danny's Whole Hog BBQ, yummy ice cream from Marble Slab Creamery, and Frosty premium lagers from Manitoba's Farmery Estate Brewery!
But wait! Thanks to Oasis Leisure Centre we'll also drop off a hot tub for a whole glorious week!
It's TSN 1290's Backyard Tailgating Party!
TSN BACKYARD TAILGATING PARTY
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- TO ENTER the TSN’s Backyard Tailgating Party contest (“Contest”), simply visit send an email to contests@TSN1290.com detailing why a BBQ is needed. All entries must include your name, address, age, ten digit day and evening telephone numbers and e-mail address. Limit of one (1) entry per individual. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Illegible entries are ineligible. The Contest starts at 12:00AM CT on July 18, 2014 and closes on August 21, 2014 at 8:00PM CT (the “Contest Period”). There are four (4) prizes (the "Prizes ") to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Limit of one Prize per household.
- The contest sponsors are: Bell Media Inc. and Danny’s Whole Hog Barbeque, Marble Slab Creamery, Farmery Estate Brewery and Oasis Leisure Centre (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
- To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Manitoba / Canada/ and be of the age of majority in Manitoba. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
- There are four (4) Prizes , each consisting of a dinner for 30 people provided by Danny’s Whole Hog Barbeque (pulled pork, buns, butter, baked beans, 2 salads, 4 X 1 L containers of ice cream provided by Marble Slab Creamery, beverages supplied by Farmery Estate Brewery and a portable hot tub provided by Oasis Leisure Centres (for one week). The approximate retail value of each Prize is $1,000 CAD.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
- On the each Friday of the contesting period a random draw for the Prizes will take place at Bell Media Inc.,Winnipeg, Manitoba from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. One entry will be selected each week will be eligible to win a Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that he or she may have won the Prize In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, potential winner, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form in the Contest Sponsors’ form stating, among other things, that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required by the Contest Sponsors, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and/or otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice and all other indicia of personality, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news and/or for entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and/or use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than August 21, 2014.
- By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors donot assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS FOR THE TSN BACKYARD TAILGATING PARTY CONTEST
No purchase necessary. Some restrictions apply. Contest starts at 12:00 AM CT on July 18, 2014 and closes on August 21, 2014 at 8:00 PM CT. Complete contest rules and regulations and entry available at www.tsn.ca/winnipeg. Open to legal residents of Manitoba/ Canada and be of the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides. Winners must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill testing question to be declared a P rize winner. The approximate retail value of each of the four (4) Prizes is $1,000CAD. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.