TORONTO ARGONAUTS $10,000 TOUCHDOWN
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
July 9th, 2014 to November 7th, 2014
1. TO ENTER the Toronto Argonauts $10,000 Touchdown contest (the “Contest”) you must have access to a cellular telephone that is capable of two-way text messaging. Text messaging is not available in all areas. Standard text messaging rates apply (check your carrier plan for your standard text messaging fees. To enter, text the keyword “ARGOS” to short code 10-50-50 (the “Short Code”) along with your first and last name.
Text Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Mobile Account Holder of the mobile phone used to enter the Contest. “Authorized Mobile Account Holder" of a mobile phone is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a cellular telephone number by a wireless carrier that is responsible for assigning cellular telephone numbers. An eligible Prize (defined below) winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Mobile Account Holder associated with the Entry.
The Contest starts at 5:00 AM ET on July 9th, 2014 and closes on November 7th, 2014 at 7:00 PM ET] (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrants must be a legal resident of Ontario, Canada and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
4. Grand Prize - There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of ten thousand Dollars CAD ($10,000 CAD). Before accepting the Grand Prize , the winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the travelling companion, beyond his/her participation in the Grand Prize , accepts the Grand Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the travelling companion’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Grand Prize.
5. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
6. Qualifier Winner Selection: Following each Toronto Argonauts regular season game in 2014, excluding June 26th, 2014 and July 5th, 2014, the total number of Toronto Argonauts touchdowns will be tallied. One (1) Contest entry per Toronto Argonauts touchdown will be randomly drawn at Bell Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period up to the time of the draw (hereinafter referred to as a “Qualifier”). The first Qualifier drawn will be eligible for entry in the Grand Prize draw described below. The odds of becoming a Qualifier will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period up to the time of the draw.
7. Grand Prize Winner Selection: After the conclusion of the Toronto Argonauts 2014 regular season, a random draw for the Grand Prize will take place at Bell Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible Qualifiers. The first eligible Qualifier drawn will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible Qualifiers.
8. Prize Redemption Procedure: Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that he or she may have won a Prize within (2) business days after the applicable draw. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the applicable draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, the potential winner, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that that a potential winner does not comply with all the
provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than November 30th, 2014.
9. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
10. All Entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Use of any automated system to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone, mobile phone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible Entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
12. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
13. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS for the Toronto Argonauts $10,000 Touchdown Contest
No purchase necessary. Some restrictions apply. Contest starts at 5:00 AM ET on July 9, 2014 and closes on November 7, 2014 at7:00 PM ET. Complete contest rules and regulations available at www.tsn1050.ca. Open to legal residents of Ontario, Canada who are nineteen (19) years of age or older. Correct answer, unaided, to a mathematical skill testing question required. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000) CAD. The odds of becoming a Qualifier depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Qualifiers.