TSN 1050 Argos Toss
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
July 30 to September 3, 2013
TO ENTER the TSN 1050 Argos Toss contest (“Contest”), simply enter in person by visiting the TSN 1050 booth located outside of the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario during the Argos game on July 30, August 18, August 23, and/or September 3, 2013 and complete and submit an official entry ballot (the “Main Entry”) in the ballot box. All entries must include your name, address, age, ten digit day and evening telephone numbers and e-mail address. After you have fully completed and submitted your Main Entry, you can earn additional entries (the “Additional Entries”) into the Contest by playing the Football Toss Game at the booth as described below. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Illegible entries are ineligible. There are four entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as follows:
- Entry Period One: starts at 5:30 PM ET and ends at 7:30 PM ET on July 30, 2013;
- Entry Period Two: starts at 5:00 PM ET and ends at 7:00 PM ET on August 18, 2013;
- Entry Period Three: starts at 5:30 PM ET and ends at 7:30 PM ET on August 23, 2013;
- Entry Period Four: starts at 5:30 PM ET and ends at 7:30 PM ET on September 3, 2013.
Football Toss Game: After submitting your Main Entry, you will have the option of throwing a football one (1) time, and only one time per Entry Period, from one of two distances or “toss lines”. If you throw the football through the target from the “close” line, as determined by the Contest Sponsor’s representative at his/her sole discretion, you will receive two (2) Additional Entries into the Contest. If you throw the football through target from the “far” line, as determined by the Contest Sponsor’s representative at his/her sole discretion, you will receive three (3) Additional Entries into the Contest. If you miss the target from either “toss line”, as determined by the Contest Sponsor’s representative at his/her sole discretion, you will receive one (1) Additional Entry into the Contest.
Limit of one (1) Main Entry and up to three (3) Additional Entries per individual per Entry Period (Main Entries and Additional Entries shall hereinafter be referred to as “Entries”). If it is discovered that you attempted obtain more than the allotted number of Entries per Entry Period, all your Entries will be void. There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsor is The Sports Network Inc. (TSN) (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario, Canada and be thirteen (13) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Subject to the age limitation provided above, if an entrant is under the age of nineteen (19) (a “Minor”), then his/her parent or legal guardian must agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules along with and on behalf of the Minor.
4. Prize - There is one (1) Prize, consisting of a trip for two (2) to see the CFL game between the Toronto Argos and Montreal Alouettes that is scheduled to take place in Montreal, Quebec on September 8, 2013 (the “Game”). The Prize includes: round trip economy train transportation for two (2) from Toronto (or, if closer to Montreal, the eligible Via Rail train station closest to the Prize winner’s residence in Ontario, as determined by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion) (hereinafter referred to as the "Departure Point") to Montreal, Quebec; one (1) night accommodation (based on one (1) room, double occupancy) as chosen by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion; and, two (2) tickets (seat selection is at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion and each ticket is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer). The Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including, without limitation, as applicable, taxes, meals and beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance, any required travel documentation, all personal expenses of any kind or nature, and any overnight layover. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. The Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point as the Prize originates and terminates there. It is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation. The Prize winner and his/her travelling companion must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion and authority, failing which the Prize will be forfeited. It is recommended that the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Travel dates will be determined by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion. The travelling companion must be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence in order to participate in the Prize. In the event the Prize winner is a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must be his/her travelling companion and his/her parent or legal guardian must accompany the Minor Prize winner during all aspects of the Prize. Approximate retail value of the Prize is One Thousand Dollars ($ 1000.00) CAD based on a Toronto, Ontario departure. In the event that the Prize winner resides within a 200 km radius of Montreal, the Prize is deemed not to include train transportation, and no cash will be provided in lieu thereof. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the Prize winner once his/her booking has been confirmed. The Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent traveller rewards program, or other reward point accumulation program. Before being able to participate in the Prize, the travelling companion will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the travelling companion, beyond his/her participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the travelling companion’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize.
5. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
6. On September 4, 2013 at 8:00 AM ET, a random draw for the Prize will take place at TSN 1050 in Toronto, Ontario from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Periods. The first Entry drawn will be deemed the potential Prize winner. The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Periods. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winner to notify the potential winner that he or she may have won the Prize by telephone within one (1) business day after the draw. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within one (1) business day after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner and, in the case of a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until the qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than September 6, 2013.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All Entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible Entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS for the TSN 1050 Argos Toss Contest
No purchase necessary. Contest starts at 5:30 PM ET on July 30, 2013 and closes on September 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM ET. Open to legal residents of Ontario, Canada who are thirteen (13) years of age or older. Some restrictions apply. Correct answer to a mathematical skill testing question required. Approximate retail value of the Prize is $1000 CAD based on a Toronto, Ontario departure. Odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Periods. Complete contest rules and entry available at tsn1050.ca.