TSN 1050’s MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL CHALLENGE
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
September 27, 2013 to December 16, 2013
- TO ENTER TSN 1050’s Monday Night Football Challenge contest (the “Contest”), prior to the first quarter kick-off of each NFL Monday Night Football game (each a “Game”) during the Contest Period (defined below), from your Twitter account follow TSN 1050’s official Twitter account @TSN1050Radio and tweet the following: (i) the name of the team you think will win the applicable Game; and (ii) the following hastag “#wegzfootball” (each an “Entry Tweet”). (Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free, and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to www.twitter.com (the “Twitter web site”) and following the on-screen instructions to open an account). In addition, eligible entrants will need to become a “follower” of @TSN1050Radio (the “Follower(s)”) in order to be notified that you are a potential Prize winner (if applicable) in accordance with the procedure outlined below. To become a Follower, an eligible entrant must: (i) visit www.twitter.com/TSN1050Radio and (ii) click on the "Follow" button corresponding to @TSN1050Radio. Any Entry Tweet that does not follow the above format will be discarded and will not be eligible for entry in this Contest. Incorrect and/or incomplete Entry Tweets and Entry Tweets received outside the applicable Contest Period, and/or Entry Tweets that contain obscene, offensive, or any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Contest Sponsors wish to associate (all as determined by Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion) will be void. All Entry Tweets must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com . By following @TSN1050Radio and sending your Entry Tweet you agree to these official rules and regulations (the “Rules”). Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. All entries are subject to verification.
Limit of one (1) Entry Tweet per individual and per Twitter account for each Game during the Contest Period. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than one Entry Tweet per Game, all of your entries will be void. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Twitter account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to a Twitter account by www.twitter.com. An entrant/Follower may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the selected Entry Tweet. All entries become the property of Contest Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Creating multiple Twitter accounts in order to exceed the limits on entries permitted by these Rules may result in the disqualification of such entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode”, your Entry Tweet and/or responses may not be visible in TSN 1050 Radio’s inbox and may not thus be received by the Contest Sponsors unless you previously consented to permit TSN 1050 Radio to see your Entry Tweet and/or responses. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are the potential Prize winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
Contest starts on September 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and closes at 8:00 PM ET on December 16, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”) and twelve (12) qualifier prizes (the “Qualifier Prizes”) to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Limit of one (1) Qualifier Prize per household.
- The contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
- To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario, Canada and be nineteen (19) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
- Qualifier Prizes - There are twelve (12) Qualifier Prizes, each consisting of one (1) $100 Wegz Stadium Bar Gift Card. The approximate retail value of each Secondary Prize is $100.00 CAD. Gift card is subject to issuing company’s terms and conditions.
- There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of one (1) La-Z-Boy Chair, one (1) Sony Playstation 4 and one (1) reservation for two (2) for the “Hottest Steats in the House” event (the “Event’) at Wegz Stadium Bar in Vaughn, Ontario for Super Bowl XLVIII on February 2, 2013. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) CAD. Before being able to participate in the Event portion of the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner’s guest will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the travelling companion, beyond his/her participation in the Grand Prize, accepts the Grand Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the guest’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner’s guest must be nineteen (19) years of age or older to participate in the Grand Prize as set out above.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of a Prize is unavailable. Prize winners are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
- Qualifier Prize Winner Selection: Every Tuesday during the Contest Period commencing on October 1st, 2013 until December 17th, 2013 at approximately 2:00 PM ET, a random draw for a Qualifier Prize will take place at Bell Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period up to the time of the draw. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win a Qualifier Prize and will be eligible for entry in the Grand Prize draw described below. The odds of winning a Qualifier Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period up to the time of the applicable draw.
8. Grand Prize Winner Selection: On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 between the hours of 12 Noon and 4:00 p.m. ET, a random draw will take place at TSN 1050, Toronto, Ontario, from among all eligible Qualifier Prize winners. The first eligible Qualifier Prize winner drawn will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible Qualifier Prize winners, but will be no worse than 1:12.
9. Awarding of Prizes: TSN 1050 Radio will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that he or she may have won a Prize by using the direct message feature on Twitter for the user account that submitted the potentially winning entry Tweet, within one (1) business day from the draw. Potential winner must respond within one (1) business day according to the instructions in the notification, or he or she will be disqualified. If potential winner is not a Follower, then potential winner will have to become a Follower (so that TSN 1050 Radio will be able to send a private direct message via Twitter) within the time stated in the Contest Sponsors’ submission of an @Reply to the potential winner or else Contest Sponsors may disqualify the potential winner at their sole discretion. Potential winner may discontinue following @TSN1050Radio after the completion of the notification, eligibility verification and Prize fulfillment procedures outlined in these Rules. It is each entrant’s responsibility to set his or her account settings to accept contacts by TSN 1050 Radio and to timely check his or her Twitter account for any such direct messages or @Replies. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form in the Contest Sponsors’ form stating, among other things, that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required by the Contest Sponsors, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and/or otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice and all other indicia of personality, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news and/or for entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and/or use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than December 24, 2013.
- By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Tweets, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS for the TSN 1050 Monday Night Football Challenge TWITTER Contest
No purchase necessary. Some restrictions apply. Contest starts at 12:00 PM ET on Friday, September 27, 2013 and closes at 8:00 PM ET on Monday, December 16, 2013. Open to legal residents of Ontario who are nineteen (19) years of age or older. Correct answer to a mathematical skill testing question required. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $1,000.00 CAD. Approximate retail value of each of the twelve (12) Qualifier Prizes is $100 CAD. Odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible Qualifier Prize winners, but will be no worse than 1:12. The odds of winning a Qualifier Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period up to the time of the applicable draw. Complete contest rules and regulations available at www.tsn.ca/toronto.