TSN 1050’s SUPER BOWL XLVIII GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
September 6th, 2013 to December 20th, 2013
- TO ENTER the SUPER BOWL XLVIII GIVEAWAY contest (“Contest”) entrants must listen to TSN 1050 on Fridays from September 6th, 2013 to December 20th, 2013 between the hours of 4:00 PM ET and 5:00 PM ET and answer the trivia question asked by TSN Drive host, Dave Naylor.
The Contest starts at 4:00 PM ET on September 6th, 2013 and closes on December 20th, 2013 at 5:00 PM ET] (the “Contest Period”). There are sixteen (16) prizes (the "Qualifier Prizes") and one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) (collectively, the Qualifier Prizes and the Grand Prize shall be referred to as the “Prizes” and each, a “Prize”) to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Limit of one (1) Qualifier Prize per household.
- The contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
- To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario, Canada and be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
- Qualifier Prizes - There are sixteen (16) Qualifier Prizes, each consisting of one (1) $100 MasterCard Gift Card. The approximate retail value of each Qualifier Prize is $100.00 CAD.
- Grand Prize - There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of a trip for two (2) to Super Bowl XLVIII in East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA. Trip includes: round trip economy air fare for two (2) from a major Canadian airport closest to the Grand Prize winner's place of residence in Ontario (hereinafter referred to as the "Departure Point"); one nights accommodation (based on one (1) room, double occupancy) as chosen by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion; and, round-trip ground transportation between the airport and the hotel, and two (2) tickets to Super Bowl XLVIII. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companions are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including, without limitation, as applicable, taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, meals and beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance, any required travel documentation, all personal expenses of any kind or nature, and any overnight layover. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companions are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point as the Grand Prize will originate and terminate there. It is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companions to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements, as applicable. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companions must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion and authority, failing which the Grand Prize will be forfeited. It is recommended that the Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companions obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Travel dates will be determined by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion. Each travelling companion must be 21 years of age or older in order to participate in the Grand Prize. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Eight Thousand Dollars ($8,000.00) CAD based on a Toronto departure. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the Grand Prize winner once his/her booking has been confirmed. The Grand Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program. Before being able to participate in the Grand Prize , each travelling companion will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the travelling companion, beyond his/her participation in the Grand Prize , accepts the Grand Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the travelling companion’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Grand Prize.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
- Qualifier Prize Winner Selection: Every Friday commencing on September 6th, 2013 until December 20th, 2013 at approximately 4:00 PM ET, TSN Drive host, Dave Naylor, will ask listeners to answer a trivia question based on content from earlier in the program. The first person to call in at 416-870-1050 and correctly answer the question will be eligible to be a Qualifier and will be eligible for entry in the Grand Prize draw described below. The odds of winning a Qualifier Prize will depend on the number of calls received.
- Grand Prize Winner Selection: On December 20th, 2013 at approximately 5:00 PM ET, a random draw for the Grand Prize will take place at Bell Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible Qualifier Prize winners. The first eligible Qualifier Prize winner drawn will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible Qualifier Prize winners, but will be no worse than 1:17.
- Prize Redemption Procedure: Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that he or she may have won a Prize using the telephone number provided at the time of entry within (2) business days after the applicable draw. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the applicable draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, the potential winner, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than December 27th, 2013.
- By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- All Entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Use of any automated system to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone, mobile phone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible Entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- LEGALS for TSN 1050’s Super Bowl XLVIII Giveaway Contest
No purchase necessary. Some restrictions apply. Contest starts at 8:00 AM ET on September 6, 2013 and closes on December 20, 2013 at5:00 PM ET. Complete contest rules and regulations and entry available at www.tsn1050.ca. Open to legal residents of Ontario, Canada who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Correct answer, unaided, to a mathematical skill testing question required. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Eight Thousand Dollars ($8,000) CAD based on a Toronto departure. The odds of winning a Qualifier Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Qualifier Prize winners, but will be no worse than 1:17.