CFL Pink is back in 2012.
The Canadian Football League and its member teams are committed to raising awareness and funds to tackle women's cancers and making a positive difference in communities across the country. CFL Pink is a national campaign that represents the regional efforts of each CFL team and their dedicated fans.
Inspired by the courageous women and their families touched by women's cancers, the CFL and its enthusiastic fans host events, raise money, and show their support by wearing PINK each October.
Players from all eight CFL teams will be equipped with pink gloves, wrist bands and other items. The players will also wear a special decal on their helmets.
The players aren't the only ones who will look a little brighter either. CFL officials will use pink whistles, and coaches and other team personnel will wear sideline gear adorned with pink.
Fans will be able to buy special CFL Pink merchandise at CFL games during the weekend and at selected Reebok stores, with a portion of the proceeds earmarked for cancer charities.
- Charity: Canadian Cancer Society
- Game Date: Friday, October 19 versus the Edmonton Eskimos
- Get Involved: Fans can join the fight by purchasing official BC Lions pink merchandise with a donation being made to the Canadian Cancer Society. Be sure to visit stadium kiosks or visit store.bclions.com to shop online and help show your support in the battle against cancer.
- Charity: Edmonton Eskimos Women Endowment Fund for Ovarian Cancer Research
- Game Date: Saturday, October 13 versus the Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Get Involved: Entering its 5th year, the Eskimo Women's Dinner presented by Prism Flow Products has been a keystone event for women in Edmonton. Since 2007, over $193,000 has been raised for the Edmonton Eskimo Women's Endowment Fund for Ovarian Cancer Research. The event features a champagne locker room reception and sells out weeks in advance. We encourage women to come celebrate the Edmonton Eskimos, the women of football, 100 years of the CFL, and support a great cause on October 15, 2012 in the Eskimo Field House. Tickets are available at Ticketmaster, or by calling 448-ESKS.
- Charity: Canadian Cancer Society
- Game Date: Saturday, October 20 versus the Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Get Involved: Entering into the 5th season, the Calgary Stampeders and Canadian Cancer Society are pleased to continue the PinkPower tradition at McMahon Stadium. The Canadian Cancer Society has raised over $150,000 towards the fight against women's cancers since teaming up with the Calgary Stampeders.
- Charity: Saskatchewan Cancer Agency
- Game Date: Saturday, October 20 versus the Montreal Alouettes
- Get Involved: Fans can purchase a pink bandanna and pennant set for $10 with all proceeds going to Cameco Touchdown For Dreams. Write a message of hope on the pennant and bring it to the ticket office after the game to gain entrance to the field for a special pennant display to be constructed with the help of Rider players.
- Charity: Keeping Abreast Foundation
- Game Date: Saturday, October 13 versus the Calgary Stampeders
- Involved: 100% of all proceeds of Pink Merchandise sold at the Bomber Store is donated to the Keeping Abreast Foundation fund at the Health Science Center in Winnipeg.
- Charity: Hamilton Health Sciences
- Game Date: Friday, October 12 versus the BC Lions
- Get Involved: The Hamilton Tiger-Cats support the Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation. All funds will be directed to the Breast Assessment Centre located at the Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre. The Centre is designed to be the region's most comprehensive assessment facility and will streamline breast cancer screening and diagnosis for the women of Brant, Burlington, Haldimand, Hamilton, Niagara and Norfolk.
- Charity: Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
- Game Date: Sunday, October 14 versus the Montreal Alouettes
- Get Involved: The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation is Canada's leading community-driven breast cancer charity dedicated to funding relevant, innovative research, and supporting and advocating for the breast cancer community.
- Charity: Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation
- Game Date: Sunday October 14 at the Toronto Argonauts
- Get Involved: The Alouettes Fan Train presented by VIA Rail is headed to Toronto on October 14 to see the Alouettes play the Argonauts. After attending the game, fans will get to meet their favourite Alouettes players on the train ride home. With no home PINK game in 2012, the Alouettes and VIA Rail have partnered with Montreal's Virgin Radio and the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation to help raise awareness for the cause. Additionally, anyone who registers and raises $2,000 for Virgin Radio's Shave to Save before October 1 will be entered to win a trip for four aboard the train and have the opportunity to shave the head of an Alouettes player!