10. The BCS title game was this past week between Notre Dame and Alabama and The Tide rolled to their third title in the past four years over Notre Dame - who was unranked at the start of the year. If you have no affiliation to either school, basically it came down to which movie you preferred. If you liked Forrest Gump more than Rudy, you cheered for Alabama.
9. Brian Burke was fired as President and GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs, but he will stay on as a Senior Advisor? What happens if he advises that he should be GM again? The Leafs were tied for 26th in the league in win percentage under Burke.
8. The Baseball Writers Association elected no new players into the Hall of Fame for the first time since 1996. Shouldn't players who are in the hall be voting in new players? Having writers do it is like having groundskeepers at a golf course choosing who can be a member. Doesn't repair his divots? You're outta here.
7. The NFL Divisional playoffs are this weekend and the No. 1 seed has gone 6-8 since 2005. From bye week to just plain bye.
6. Roberto Luongo faced 1,577 shots last season...about 10 fewer than the number of trade rumours he's been involved in this week.
5. So Jose Canseco wants to be Mayor of Toronto. If we had to pick a former Blue Jay to be Mayor, why not 1987 AL MVP George Bell? Disagree with George and you'll get a drop kick to the midsection - bill passed.
4. New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan has a tattoo of his wife wearing a Sanchez jersey as she's Tebowing. Does that mean Mrs. Ryan has a tattoo of Rex wearing a Tebow jersey, throwing an interception? Ah, the ol' his and hers. Sanchez was tied for third in the NFL this season with 18 INTs.
3. Ilya Kovalchuk decided to stay in the KHL longer than everyone else. He lost the most money during the NHL lockout (over $5 million), so outside of emptying the couch for change, he's grabbing every penny he can. Apparently, Tyler Seguin left $240 in his Swiss apartment. Might think about a road trip, Kovy.
2. The Toronto Raptors have won six of their past eight at home (after their win vs. the 76ers). That's getting close to Harlem Globetrotters vs. Washington Generals dominance. Or maybe Globetrotters vs. those zombies on Scooby Doo.
1. The NHL lockout ended after 113 days. Who's going to take responsibility? Who's going to apologize? Is it going to be a Kevin Kline (Otto) holding John Cleese over the window type of an apology a la A Fish Called Wanda? Ah, who cares. Drop the puck - Game On.
Kevin Gibson is TSN's Grand Poohba of research, statistics and information. He can be heard each week on the Mike Richards In The Morning show on TSN Radio 1050 and can be followed on Twitter at @TSNResearch.