10. Jonas Andersson had four goals in a game for Atlant in the Kontinental Hockey League last week - and the next day he was traded. No one has gone out on a high note like that since George Costanza.
9. LeBron James became the youngest player to score 20,000 points in his career. That's just in the NBA, because everyone knows Jimmy Chitwood did it at Hickory.
8. I don't know what to say about Heisman Trophy finalist Manti Te'o and his second straight week of bad tackles. But remember on M*A*S*H when Hawkeye invented Captain Tuttle - faking his death so his pay was donated to orphans? It all worked out well.
7. It's the first time there have been three repeat teams in NFL's Final Four since 1992-93 (Cowboys, Bills, 49ers). Reminds me of the good ol' days of the Bills getting blown out in the Super Bowl by Dallas. The Bills have evolved to the point that they just get thumped in they regular season now.
6. Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods made a commercial together - and so much for hitting golf balls into glasses. They were a combined +3 on Wednesday.
5. Lance Armstrong was stripped of his 2000 Olympic Bronze Medal this week. He's been stripped of so much they should just give him a pole now.
4. The Australian Open has to be the best Grand Slam event to win. You have four months of bragging rights before the next Slam event. It's like winning the WWE Royal Rumble and getting a title shot a few months later at WrestleMania.
3. Toronto FC had the first pick in the MLS Superdraft. They should have taken Seth Jones.
2. Marc Trestman joins the Chicago Bears as head coach. Former CFL coaches are 0-10 in Super Bowls. But if you don't count the wind chill (Marv Levy and Bud Grant), they're only 0-2.
1. And finally, the NHL returns after a 221 day hiatus on Saturday. This works out well, as there are only so many romantic comedies one can endure on weekends with your significant other. Jennifer Aniston has really typecasted herself, eh?.
Kevin Gibson is TSN's Grand Poohba of research, statistics and information. He can be heard each week on the Mike Richards In The Morning show on TSN Radio 1050 and can be followed on Twitter at @TSNResearch.