OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
February 3rd, 2014 – March 14th, 2014
The TSN 1290’s Ultimate Jets Away Game Getaway contest (the “Contest”) is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter are completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Sponsor and not Facebook or Twitter. You may only use one (1) personal Facebook account and/or one (1) personal Twitter account to participate in this Contest. To enter the Contest, you will need to sign up for a Facebook and/or or Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Signing up for a Facebook and/or Twitter account is free. To sign up for a Facebook account, visit www.facebook.com and follow the on-screen instructions. To sign up for a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com and follow the on-screen instructions.
1. The Contest is sponsored by TSN 1290, a division of Bell Media Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”). The Contest starts at 7:15 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on February 3rd, 2014 and closes on March 14th, 2014 at 12:15 p.m. CST (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) and twelve (12) secondary prizes (the "Secondary Prizes") to be won (the Grand Prize and Secondary Prizes shall be referred to herein collectively as the “Prizes” and each a “Prize”). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must: (i) be a legal resident of Manitoba; (ii) twenty-one (21) years of age or older; and (iii) hold a valid Canadian driver’s license and valid passport; and (iv) is legally able to travel to the United States from March 25 to April 3, 2014. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are four methods of entry into the Contest as follows:
(i) An announcement will be made four (4) times each weekday during the Contest Period (once each at approximately 7:15 a.m. CST, 8:15 a.m. CST, 12:15 p.m. CST and 5:15 p.m. CST (excluding 5:15 p.m. on March 14), telling listeners to call in for a chance to win (each an “Announcement” and collectively, the “Announcements”). When you hear an Announcement, call the TSN 1290 contest line at 204-780-1290 (the “On-air Entry”). In the event that the entrant is outside of the local calling area, standard long distance rates as charged by the entrant’s long distance service provider will apply. The 12th caller through on the contest line following an Announcement will be eligible for entry into the Prize draws described below (each an “On-air Qualifier”). Each On-air Qualifier will be announced on-air and may be required to chat on-air. If there is not a clear telephone connection between the TSN 1290 on-air announcer and an On-air Qualifier, such that one or each other cannot hear the other such On-air Qualifier will be disqualified, and the Contest Sponsor will not be liable in any way for such failed connection. In conducting the Contest, TSN 1290 has the full and absolute discretion to disqualify any On-air Qualifier who fails to respond on the phone or whose response cannot be heard, and the Contest Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility to any On-air Qualifier so disqualified. The odds of becoming an On-air Qualifier will depend on the total number of individuals calling the Contest Line following the applicable Announcement.
(ii) Between 11 a.m. CST and 1:00 p.m. CST each weekday (excluding March 14) during the Contest Period, from your Twitter account (“Twitter Account”), follow TSN 1290’s official Twitter account @TSN1290Radio (note: this is not required if you are already a follower of @TSN1290Radio) and retweet the following phrase: “#tsn1290getaway @TSN1290Radio” (“Entry Tweet”). To be eligible, your Entry Tweet must: (i) include @TSN1290Radio so that your Entry Tweet appears in TSN 1290’s Twitter account mentions tab; (ii) comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com; (iii) include the #tsn1290getaway hashtag; (iv) conform to Twitter’s 140 character limitation, including the mention and the hashtag; and (v) be received between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. CST each weekday during the Contest Period (the sole determinant of time for the purposes of this Contest is the Contest server machine(s)). Eligible entrants that have submitted an Entry Tweet will need to be a “follower” of @TSN1290Radio at the time of Prize winner notification in order to be notified that they have been selected as a potential Prize winner, if applicable. Any Entry Tweet that does not follow the requirements contained herein will be discarded and will not be eligible for entry into the Contest. Incorrect and/or incomplete Entry Tweets and Entry Tweets received outside the applicable Contest Period, and/or Entry Tweets that contain obscene, offensive, or any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which the Contest Sponsor wishes to associate itself (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion) will be void. By following @TSN1290Radio and sending your Entry Tweet you agree to be bound by these official rules and regulations (the “Rules”). All Entry Tweets are subject to verification. Limit of one (1) Entry Tweet per individual per day. If it is discovered that any person has attempted to submit more than one Entry Tweet per day all of his/her Entries shall be voided. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entry Tweets (all of which are void). All Entry Tweets become the property of Contest Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Important note: If your Twitter Account is set to "protected mode", your Entry Tweet and/or responses may not be visible in TSN 1290’s inbox and may not thus be received by the Contest Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit TSN 1290 to see your Entry Tweet and/or responses.
(iii) Between 11 a.m. CST and 1:00 p.m. CST each weekday (excluding March 14) during the Contest Period, log-in to your personal Facebook account (“Facebook Account”), visit TSN 1290’s Facebook Page located at https://www.facebook.com/TSNRADIO1290 (the “Page”) and “Like” the Contest post (the “Post”) (the “Facebook Like Entry”).
(iv) Between 11 a.m. CST and 1:00 p.m. CST each weekday (excluding March 14) during the Contest Period, log-in to your personal Facebook Account, visit the Page and “Comment” on the Post (the “Facebook Comment Entry”).
Limit of one (1) Facebook Like Entry and one (1) Facebook Comment Entry per individual per day (Facebook Like Entries and Facebook Comment Entries shall collectively be referred to as the “Facebook Entries” and each a “Facebook Entry”). If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once per day, all your Entries will be void. Each entrant must comply with Facebook’s Terms of Service available at www.facebook.com. In the event of a dispute, Facebook Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Account that submitted the applicable Facebook Entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to a Facebook Account by www.facebook.com. An entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the Facebook Account that submitted the applicable Facebook Entry.
The On-air Entries, Entry Tweets and Facebook Entries shall be referred to herein collectively as the “Entries” and each an “Entry”. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses, Twitter and/or Facebook Accounts (as applicable) and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Contest Sponsor. All Entries and entrants are subject to verification for compliance with these Rules. If you opt to enter this Contest via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are the potential Prize winner (if applicable), which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions before entering the Contest via your wireless mobile device.
Each weekday (excluding March 14) during the Contest Period at approximately 1:05 p.m. CST a random draw will take place at TSN 1290 in Winnipeg, MB, from among all eligible Entry Tweets and Facebook Entries received during the Contest Period up to the time of the applicable draw. The first entry drawn (the “Online Qualifier”) (the On-air Qualifiers and Online Qualifiers shall be referred to herein collectively as the “Qualifiers” and each a “Qualifier”) will qualify for entry into the Prize draws. The odds of becoming an Online Qualifier will depend upon the total number of Entry Tweets and Facebook Entries received during the Contest Period up to the time of the applicable draw. After the applicable draw, TSN 1290 will contact each potential Online Qualifier to notify him/her that he/she has qualified for entry into the Prize draws by using the direct message or @Reply feature on Twitter for the Twitter Account that submitted the Entry Tweet or in respect of Facebook Entries by using the information provided at the time of entry. In respect of Facebook Entries, each potential Online Qualifier is solely responsible for monitoring his/her Facebook Account for such notification messages.
- Grand Prize: There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of a trip for two (2) to see a Winnipeg Jets game in each of the following cities: San Jose, CA, Anaheim, CA, Los Angeles, CA and Phoenix, AZ, USA. Trip includes:
- round trip economy air fare for two (2) from a major Canadian airport closest to the Grand Prize winner's place of residence in Canada (hereinafter referred to as the "Departure Point");
- six nights’ accommodation (based on one (1) room, double occupancy) as chosen by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion;
- an economy rental car (make and model of the vehicle depends on availability, valid license required) for travel between Los Angeles, CA and Anaheim, CA;
- one pair of tickets to see each of the Winnipeg Jets games; and
- $2,000 CAD in spending money.
- $1000 gift certificate redeemable at U.N. Luggage
The Grand Prize winner must comply with the terms and conditions of the car rental agreement and is responsible for any other documentation/requirements specified by the car rental agency failing which this component of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and no alternate prizing will be provided in lieu thereof. Any premiums to the base cost of the car rental for the grand prize winner, if under the age of 25, are the responsibility of the grand prize winner. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including, without limitation, as applicable, taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, meals and beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance, any required travel documentation, all personal expenses of any kind or nature, and any overnight layover. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point as the Grand Prize will originate and terminate there. It is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements, as applicable. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion and authority, failing which the Grand Prize will be forfeited. It is recommended that the Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $10,000 CAD based on a Winnipeg departure. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the Grand Prize winner once his/her booking has been confirmed. The Grand Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program. Before being able to participate in the Grand Prize, the travelling companion, or if under the age of majority, the travelling companion’s parent or legal guardian, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the travelling companion, beyond his/her participation in the Grand Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the travelling companion’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Grand Prize.
- Secondary Prizes: There are twelve (12) Secondary Prizes, each consisting of one (1) pair of Winnipeg Jets tickets for an upcoming 2013/2014 home season game. Game date to be determined by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion. The approximate retail value of each Secondary Prize is $400.00 CAD.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
- SELECTION OF PRIZE WINNERS:
- Grand Prize Draw: On Friday, March 14th, 2014 at approximately 4:30 p.m. CST a random draw for the Grand Prize will take place at TSN 1290 in Winnipeg, MB from among all Qualifiers received during the Contest Period. The first Qualifier drawn will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Qualifiers, but will be no worse than 1 in 148.
- Secondary Prize Draws: On each of the following dates: February 4, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28, March 3, 7, 10, March 14 during the Contest Period, at approximately 7:15 a.m. CST, a random a random draw will take place at TSN 1290 in Winnipeg, MB, from among all eligible Qualifiers received up to the time of the applicable draw. The first Qualifier drawn will be eligible to win a Secondary Prize. The odds of winning a Secondary Prize will depend upon the total number of Qualifiers received during the Contest Period up to the time of the applicable draw.
Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner to notify each potential winner that he or she may have won a Prize by telephone or by using the direct message or @Reply feature on Twitter (as applicable) within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, each potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than March 20th, 2014.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All Entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible Entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS for the TSN 1290's ULTIMATE JETS AWAY GAME GETAWAY Contest
No purchase necessary. Contest starts at 7:15 a.m. CST on February 3rd, 2014 and closes on March 14, 2014 at 12:15 p.m. CST. Open to legal residents of Manitoba, 21 years of age or older, hold a valid Canadian driver’s license, valid passport and are legally able to travel to the United States from March 25 to April 3, 2014. Some restrictions apply. Correct answer to a mathematical skill testing question required. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each of the 12 Secondary Prizes is $400 CAD. ARV of the Grand Prize is $10,000 based on a Winnipeg departure. Odds of becoming an On-air Qualifier will depend on the total number of individuals calling the Contest Line following the applicable Announcement. Odds of becoming an Online Qualifier will depend upon the total number of Entry Tweets and Facebook Entries received during the Contest Period up to the time of the applicable draw. Odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Qualifiers, but will be no worse than 1 in 148. Odds of winning a Secondary Prize will depend upon the total number of Qualifiers received during the Contest Period up to the time of the applicable draw. Complete contest rules and information about entry available at www.tsn1290.ca.