Three days ahead of the NHL Draft, TSN's scouting experts took a run at predicting the first round.
TSN scout Craig Button and TSN hockey contributor Pierre McGuire took turns predicting where hockey's top prospects would end up on Friday in the 2012 TSN Mock Draft.
Last year, Pierre McGuire surprised many by predicting the Oilers would use their first overall pick on a much-needed defenceman in the form of Swedish standout Adam Larsson.
What surprises would this year's draft bring? Read on for the full results:
1. Edmonton Oilers select Nail Yakupov (Right Wing, Sarnia, OHL)
Craig Button says: "Too dynamic, skilled and exciting to pass up. He'll fit in with the trio of Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle and Hall."
2. Columbus Blue Jackets select Ryan Murray (Defence, Everett, WHL)
Pierre McGuire says: "Leadership and dynamic ability. He's a proven player, and a ready player who can bring stability to the back end."
3. Montreal Canadiens select Alex Galchenyuk (Centre, Sarnia, OHL)
Craig Button says: "He can play the game any way you want. He can make plays, score and makes those around him better."
4. New York Islanders select Griffin Reinhart (Defence, Edmonton, WHL)
Pierre McGuire says: "The 6'4" blueliner can take games over with his size. Has the NHL in his bloodlines with his father Paul and his brother Max."
5. Toronto Maple Leafs select Filip Forsberg (Left Wing, Leksands, SWE)
Craig Button says: "A big strong winger who plays with determination and can score."
6. Anaheim Ducks select Morgan Rielly (Defence, Moose Jaw, WHL)
Pierre McGuire says: "The best pure play making defenceman in the draft this year."
7. Minnesota Wild select Mathew Dumba (Defence, Red Deer, WHL)
Craig Button says: "He impacts the game offensively, defensively and physically."
8. Carolina Hurricanes select Radek Faksa (Centre, Kitchener, OHL)
Pierre McGuire says: "Three years in a row, the Hurricanes will take a Kitchener Ranger in the first round."
9. Winnipeg Jets select Jacob Trouba (Defence, USNTDP)
Craig Button says: "He's big and rugged and reminds me of Adam Foote. A very physical with a high compete level."
10. Tampa Bay Lightning select Olli Maatta (Defence, London, OHL)
Pierre McGuire says: "Probably the most NHL ready defenceman in the draft right now."
11. Washington Capitals select Teuvo Teravainen (Left Wing, Jokerit, FIN)
Craig Button says: "GM George McPhee loves to go for the home run, and the diminutive forward from Jokerit could be exactly that."
12. Buffalo Sabres select Hampus Lindholm (Defence, Rogle, SWE)
Pierre McGuire says: "Reminds of the way Erik Karlsson moved up in the 2008 draft. I think he moves all the way up to 12."
13. Dallas Stars select Cody Ceci (Defence, Ottawa, OHL)
Craig Button says: "Dallas passed on Dmitry Kulikov and Cam Fowler, there's no way they'll pass on Ceci."
14. Calgary Flames select Derrick Pouliot (Defence, Portland, WHL)
Pierre McGuire says: "Great puck mover and skater. He's played three years of junior before being drafted which is also a plus."
15. Ottawa Senators select Zemgus Girgensons (Centre, Dubuque, USHL)
Craig Button says: "A big, strong, hardnosed player, who could be a bigger version of Dale Hunter."
16. Washington Capitals select Matt Finn (Defence, Guelph, OHL)
Pierre McGuire says: "A safe and reliable player on the blue line."
17. San Jose Sharks select Mikhail Grigorenko (Centre, Quebec, QMJHL)
Craig Button says: "The strong two-way centre falls to the Sharks, and he might be ready to play in the NHL next season."
18. Chicago Blackhawks select Slater Koekkoek (Defence, Peterborough, OHL)
Pierre McGuire says: "A smart defenceman who is going to out-work a lot of people and should be NHL ready in the next year or two."
19. Tampa Bay Lightning select Ludvig Bystrom (Defence, Modo, SWE)
Craig Button says: "A Swedish defenceman who knows how to play the game, GM Steve Yzerman knows about those types of players."
20. Philadelphia Flyers select Tom Wilson (Right Wing, Plymouth, OHL)
Pierre McGuire says: "The perfect Flyer. He's big, mean, nasty and can score."
21. Buffalo Sabres select Brendan Gaunce (Centre, Belleville, OHL)
Craig Button says: "A big, strong centre that could be in the mold of Keith Primeau."
22. Pittsburgh Penguins select Tomas Hertl (Centre, Slavia Praha, CZE)
Pierre McGuire says: "Very talented, offensive minded centre who put up big points at the World Juniors."
23. Florida Panthers select Brady Skeji, (Defence, USNTDP)
Craig Button says: "The Hawks are loaded with forwards, Skeji is big defenceman who can skate. He's efficient and effective."
24. Boston Bruins select Andrei Vasilevski (Goaltender, Ufa, KHL)
Pierre McGuire says: "His size is a such a factor. He's also athletic and quick. When he gets more refined, he'll be a special player."
25. St. Louis Blues select Henrik Samuelsson (Right Wing, Edmonton, WHL)
Craig Button says: "The Blues like big players with grit, Ulf's son brings them more of that."
26. Vancouver Canucks select Malcolm Subban (Goaltender, Belleville, OHL)
Pierre McGuire says: "An athletic, quick and really smart player who will have time to grow in the Canucks system."
27. Phoenix Coyotes select Scott Laughton (Centre, Oshawa, OHL)
Craig Button says: "A strong two-way player."
28. New York Rangers select Stefan Matteau (Centre, USNTDP)
Pierre McGuire says: "Has bloodlines to the Rangers, but is a good pick on his own merits."
29. New Jersey Devils select Mark Jankowski (Centre, Stanstead, Quebec Prep)
Craig Button says: "The Devils always find diamonds in the rough, and Jankowski is that player."
30. Los Angeles Kings select Oscar Dansk (Goaltender, Brynas, SWE)
Pierre McGuire says: "Tremendously talented player, that gives the Kings depth if they deal Jonathan Bernier in the off-season."