Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir has received a two-year ban from US Anti-Doping Agency after multiple positive tests for prohibited substances.
Mir tested positive on an in-competition test on March 20, 2016 prior to UFC Fight Night 85 and was provisionally suspended on April 8th.
USADA then tested a sample from February 5th, 2016 that was previously reported as negative and found that it also contained prohibited substances.
The 38-year-old’s two-year suspension is retroactive to the date he was originally banned.
After being suspended I April of last year, Mir said that his career was likely over if he was held out for two years.
"That was probably my last time fighting," Mir said on his Phone Booth Fighting podcast. "I don't see any other way around it. Age is catching up to me now. I'm not gonna get any younger in the next two years."
Mir is required to remain in the USADA testing pool for the duration of his suspension.