OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. TO ENTER the TSN 1050 “Miller Genuine Draft Beyond the Basket Contest” (the “Contest”), use your SMS-enabled mobile phone to send the word “RAPTORS” to short code 105050. Standard text messaging rates apply and may vary according to each entrant’s wireless telephone package and wireless service provider. You will receive a reply text indicating that your request has been received. You will receive one entry for each contest request received during the each Entry Period. Each SMS entrant will be identified by his or her mobile phone number and will be contacted at the applicable number if selected. In the event of a dispute, entries received by text message shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the mobile phone number used for entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a cell phone number by a wireless carrier that is responsible for assigning cell phone numbers. Entries will be rejected if entry is not fully completed and received during the Entry Period. Contest starts on February 23, 2015 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and closes at 11:59 PM (“ET”) on March 8, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) prize (the "Prize") available to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Entry Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, each entrant must: (a) be a legal resident of Ontario residing within seventy-five (75) kilometers of the City of Toronto; (b)be nineteen (19) years of age or older and (c) be a current holder of an SMS-enabled mobile telephone, at the time of entry You are not eligible to enter or win if you are: a) an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. (“MLSE”), the Toronto Raptors, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Media Ventures, LLC, NBA TV, LLC, NBA Properties, Inc. (collectively, the “NBA Entities”), or any of their respective affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies, contest judging organization, any participating locations or the prize suppliers (altogether, the “Releasees”); b) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a beer distribution company or a participating licensed establishment, or any liquor licensee authorized by a provincial liquor authority; or c) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse/partner, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons. A winner of any TSN Radio contest in the one (1) month preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) are also not eligible to enter.
4. Prize - There is one (1) prize for this Contest Period. The Prize consists of:
(ii) a tour of the Air Canada Centre (the “Event Location”) for four (4) people prior to the Game;
(iii) a “meet and greet” with select members of the Toronto Raptors organization (specific members to be determined by Contest Sponsors and MLSE in their sole discretion, subject to availability);
(iv) viewing access to pre-Game shoot-around from courtside seats at the Event Location for four (4) people; and
(v) ground transportation for four (4) people to and from the Prize winner’s residence to the Event Location.
Each of the above items (i) to (v) may individually be referred to herein as an “Event.”
The approximate value of each Prize is five thousand dollars ($7,000.00 CAD). Each element of the Prize shall be completed on the day of the Game in question at times specified by the Contest Sponsors and Prize winner’s guests must be the same for each element of the Prize.
5. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize, in whole or in part, in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
Prize winner and his/her respective guests will be required to follow all directions given by Contest Sponsors and/or MLSE at the Event Location; failure to do so may result in termination of their participation, or continued participation, in the Prize and/or Event(s). Once the arrangements have been finalized between Prize winner and Contest Sponsors with respect to the Prize or any Event, no changes can be made unless approved by Contest Sponsors. In order to participate in this Prize, as described hereinabove, Prize winner’s guests must be 19 years of age or older.
6. On Monday, March 9, 2015, a random draw for the Prize will take place at TSN Radio Toronto in Toronto, Ontario by TSN Radio’s promotion department from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The first Entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The representative of TSN Radio Toronto, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential winner by telephone immediately after the draw. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by TSN Radio over the telephone. Before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return, within the timeframe stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that: (i)he/she has read and understood these Official Rules; (ii) grants all consents required; (iii)authorizes the Contest Sponsors and the NBA Entities to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes, at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize; and (iv) accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Releasees from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all of the provisions as contemplated in these Official Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify that potential winner, the Prize will be forfeited and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. In such a case, the Contest Sponsors may, but are in no way obligated to, award the Prize to the next eligible entrant selected who does comply with all of the requirements contained in these Official Rules.
7. By entering this Contest, the entrants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Official Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest including, without limitation, the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All Entries become property of Contest Sponsors, who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, text-messages, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Official Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included and addressed to TSN 1050, 299 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON, M5V 2Z5.
The Releasees do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error of any kind, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void.
If, for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest and select a winner from previously received eligible Entries up until such time. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Official Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof.
The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software, mobile phone, or any combination thereof, from downloading any material from the Contest website, where applicable.
The Releasees do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any Prize including, but not limited to, its quality, merchantability, fitness for a purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto (as applicable), or otherwise from participation in this Contest.
9. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, mobile phone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest, including sending a confirmation text message to text entrants. Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to Bell Media Limited, TSN Radio, 299 Queen St West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1W4 or may be obtained at http://support.bell.ca/Billing-and-Accounts/Security_and_privacy/How_does_Bell_respect_my_privacy#displayStep.
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials including, but not limited to any Contest entry form, or point of sale, radio, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property including, but not limited to, trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates or used under license. All rights are reserved. The NBA and any Toronto Raptors identifications are trademarks and copyrighted designs, and/or other forms of intellectual property of NBA Properties, Inc. and Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment LTd.(c) 2014 NBA Properties, Inc. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
12.LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regard to any matter relating to this Contest.
13..PRIZING SPONSOR: MLSE involvement with this Contest is limited to assisting with hosting the Prize/Event components at the Air Canada Centre. MLSE shall in no way be liable or responsible for the administration of this Contest, the selection of the winner or the awarding of any Prize(s).