1. TO ENTER the TSN Fantasy Hockey contest (the "Contest"), simply visit the website located at www.tsn.ca/fantasyhockey and follow the on-screen instructions to: (i) sign-in to your ESPN.com member account (your “Account”) or, if you do not already have an Account, follow the on-screen registration instructions to obtain an Account; (ii) register for TSN Fantasy Hockey; (iii) visit your fantasy team’s clubhouse page – upon your first visit to your fantasy team’s clubhouse page, a pop up box will appear (the “Pop Up Box”); and (iv) leave the two (2) boxes (located in the Pop Up Box) respectively indicating you wish to be entered into the Contest and permit the use of your personal information for the purpose of administering the Contest checked-off (if you do not wish to enter the Contest, uncheck the former box). NOTE: The Pop Up Box will only appear on your first visit to your fantasy team’s clubhouse page after you have registered for TSN Fantasy Hockey - if you do not leave the two (2) boxes (located in the Pop Up Box) respectively indicating you wish to be entered into the Contest and permit the use of your personal information for the purpose of administering the Contest checked-off, you will not have any additional opportunities or ability to enter the Contest and the Contest Sponsor shall be completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. If you complete the foregoing entry requirements during the Contest Period (defined below) in compliance with these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”), as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, you will be eligible to receive one (1) entry (an “Entry”) into the Contest. In the event of a dispute, Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Account used to obtain the Entry in question. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an Account by ESPN.com. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Account associated with the Entry in question (failing which, such Entry may be disqualified, as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). Only one (1) Entry per individual/Account is permitted. The Contest starts at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Septmebr 1, 2014 and closes on October 21 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period”). There is one (1) prize (the "Prize") to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The Contest sponsor is The Sports Network Inc. (TSN) (the "Contest Sponsor").
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and be sixteen (16) years of age or older. Employees (and their respective parents, siblings and children) and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, their respective agents, parents, affiliated and related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, promotional and advertising agencies are ineligible to enter. Subject to the age requirement provided above, entrants who are under the age of majority at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Contest and win the Prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts the Prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such entrant. A winner of a TSN contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with such a winner are not eligible to enter.
4. Prize - There is one (1) Prize consisting of $5,000 CDN, payable by cheque to the winner. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize cannot be transferred.
5. On November 1,2014 at 1:00 p.m. ET, a random draw for the Prize will take place at TSN in Scarborough, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be deemed the potential Prize winner. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Within a reasonable time after the draw, TSN will send an email to the email address associated with the applicable ESPN.com member account to contact the potential winner. The potential winner will be asked in the email, among other questions, to provide a telephone number at which TSN can contact them in order to qualify them as the official winner of the Prize. In the event TSN has not received an email response from the potential winner or has not been able to qualify the potential winner as the official winner (including the administration of the skill testing question as required below) within ten (10) days after sending the initial email to the potential winner, the Contest Sponsor has the right to disqualify the potential winner and an alternate potential winner will be drawn.
Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by the Contest Sponsor. Before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner, or in the case of a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Released Parties from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner and/or his/her travelling companion’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected.
6. By entering this Contest, each entrant automatically agrees to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including, without limitation, the eligibility of entrants and/or Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
7. All Entries become property of Contest Sponsor. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for: i) garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions; ii) incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or Account information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof; or iii) any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other persons' computer system(s), software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest website or due to viruses or otherwise or breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computers. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, at its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest and/or selecting a winner from all previously received eligible Entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or where Contest Entries are generated by unauthorized mechanical or automated means, or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor and ESPN reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law.
9. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
10. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.