TORONTO - TSN kicks off the 2015 CFL season by announcing its comprehensive CFL ON TSN broadcast campaign, which includes all 81 regular season games, culminating with all four divisional playoff matchups and the 103rd Grey Cup presented by Shaw in Winnipeg.
New for the 2015 season is TSN's weekly Thursday Night Football, the new summer destination for CFL fans that features a distinct look-and-feel from other CFL ON TSN broadcasts, including new segments, new faces, and music from local bands. TSN begins the 2015 CFL season with the debut of Thursday Night Football this Thursday (June 25) at 7 p.m. ET on TSN with the opening game featuring the Ottawa Redblacks visiting the Montreal Alouettes.
TSN primes fans for kickoff with the CFL Season Preview Show, an hour-long special breaking down the biggest storylines heading into the 2015 CFL season, Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. ET on TSN.
TSN's exclusive live coverage of every CFL game is available for live streaming and on-demand viewing to TSN subscribers through TSN GO.
A slate of sponsors have signed on for TSN's multi-platform coverage of the CFL, including GMC, Moores, Nissan, Purolator, Shaw, and Wendy's.
Highlights of the 2015 CFL ON TSN broadcast schedule include:
- The 103rd GREY CUP presented by Shaw at Investors Group Field in Winnipeg on Sunday, November 29
- The Calgary Stampeders begin their defence of their 102nd GREY CUP title in a championship game rematch against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Friday, June 26
- The CFL's longstanding Labour Day Classic rivalry is renewed when the Hamilton Tiger-Cats host the Toronto Argonauts on Monday, September 7
- The Saskatchewan Roughriders host the Canadian Football Hall of Fame game on Saturday, August 22 against the GREY CUP champion Calgary Stampeders. Former Roughriders stars Eddie Davis and Gene Makowsky will be enshrined in the Hall alongside longtime CFL stars Leroy Blugh, Dave Dickenson. Larry Reda, Bob O'Billovich, and Bob Wetenhall will be inducted in the builder category
TSN also complements its broadcast campaign with a slate of digital content surrounding the league, highlighted by TSN Fantasy Football: CFL Edition presented by Moores, as well as regular columns from Football Insiders and analysts Dave Naylor, Glen Suitor, Paul LaPolice, Matt Dunigan, and Chris Schultz.
RDS delivers French-language coverage of close to 60 regular season CFL games, including all 18 Montreal Alouettes games, plus the complete CFL playoffs including the 103rd GREY CUP presented by Shaw.
ESPN has exclusive rights in the United States to present 20 CFL games on ESPN Television Networks and 69 Games on ESPN3 in 2015 – including the Eastern and Western Semi-Finals and Finals and the 103rd Grey Cup presented by Shaw.
TSN's CFL coverage is anchored by the network's Gemini Award-winning broadcast team of play-by-play announcer Chris Cuthbert and game analyst Glen Suitor. Also in the booth are veteran play-by-play announcers Rod Black and Gord Miller alongside game analysts Duane Forde and Matt Dunigan.
The popular CFL ON TSN panel is back for the 2015 season with host Rod Smith alongside fan-favourite analysts Matt Dunigan, Chris Schultz, Jock Climie, Milt Stegall, and Paul LaPolice.
Once again, Brian Williams brings fans in-depth features and interviews with key newsmakers during CFL ON TSN broadcasts, while TSN Football Insider Dave Naylor returns to break down the hot button issues impacting the league across TSN platforms.
And as announced last week, Thursday Night Football features weekly "Now You Know" segments with host Kate McKenna, featuring special reports and features on hot topics from around the league, as well as a weekly pre-game feature from TSN's Cabral "Cabbie" Richards that helps fans get to know the most interesting players in the league.
CFL ON TSN Season Preview Specials
Leading up to the opening game and the kickoff of the all-new Thursday Night Football, CFL ON TSN primes fans for the 2015 season with a series of special season preview broadcasts airing Tuesday:
7:30 p.m. ET - JOURNEY TO THE GREY CUP: 2014 CALGARY STAMPEDERS
This 30-minute TSN Original Feature looks back at the storybook season that saw new starting quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell and the Stampeders capture the CFL title in a dramatic finish at Vancouver's BC Place
8 p.m. ET - CFL TOP 50 PLAYERS
Milt Stegall and Matt Dunigan count down the CFL's most electrifying talents, identifying the players to watch during the 2015 season
8:30 p.m. ET - CFL SEASON PREVIEW SHOW
CFL ON TSN's hour-long season preview special breaks down the biggest storylines heading into the 2015 CFL season and tees up the season opener between Ottawa and Montreal on Thursday, June 25
TSN Radio's family of stations across the country provide live CFL coverage as well as comprehensive pre- and post-game coverage throughout the season. TSN Radio's lineup of live CFL coverage, which can also be accessed online via TSN.ca and TSN GO, is as follows:
- TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto - the official radio voice of the Toronto Argonauts features live coverage of every game as well as the ARGOS ALL ACCESS show, airing every Monday night of the season at 7 p.m. ET
- TSN Radio 690 in Montréal - the official radio voice of the Montreal Alouettes delivers exclusive English-language coverage of every Alouettes game, along with THE ALS THIS WEEK, airing every Monday night of the season at 7 p.m. ET
- TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa - the official radio voice of the Ottawa Redblacks delivers complete coverage of every game from the Redblacks' second season in the CFL, plus the OTTAWA REDBLACKS RADIO SHOW Thursdays at 7 p.m. ET
- TSN Radio 1040 in Vancouver - the official radio voice of the B.C. Lions features live coverage of every game
- TSN Radio 1150 in Hamilton - launching this fall, the newest station in the TSN Radio family was recently announced as the official radio voice of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. In the lead-up to the official rebrand to TSN Radio, Hamilton's Classic Hits 1150 CKOC delivers live coverage of every Tiger-Cats game
In addition, fans of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Edmonton Eskimos can tune in to TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg and TSN Radio 1260 in Edmonton respectively for extensive game day coverage of each team's 2015 CFL campaign. TSN Radio is the exclusive home of the 103rd Grey Cup championship in Winnipeg.