TSN delivers exclusive live coverage of the Canadian men’s basketball team at the FIBA MEN’S OLYMPIC QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT, airing July 5-10 from Manila, Philippines. The tournament is Team Canada’s final chance to qualify for the RIO 2016 OLYMPIC GAMES.
Team Canada opens the tournament against Turkey on Tuesday, July 5 at 6:30 a.m. ET on TSN2, followed by a matchup vs. Senegal on Wednesday, July 6 at 6:30 a.m. ET on TSN4 (see complete broadcast schedule below).
The Canadian men’s basketball team looks to join the Canadian women’s basketball team this summer, with the women’s squad securing a spot in Rio 2016 following their gold medal finish at last summer's FIBA AMERICAS WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP.
As part of TSN’s partnerships with Canada Basketball and the International Basketball Federation (FIBA), the network delivers full court coverage of Team Canada’s men’s and women’s basketball teams in major international events, including next week’s FIBA MEN’S OLYMPIC QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT.
Canada Basketball will announce the final roster for the Canadian men’s basketball team prior to the tournament (for more details visit basketball.ca).
Tuesday, July 5
- Turkey vs. Canada at 6:30 a.m. ET on TSN2
- France vs. Philippines at 9 a.m. ET on TSN2
Wednesday, July 6
- Canada vs. Senegal at 6:30 a.m. ET on TSN4
- Philippines vs. New Zealand at 9 a.m. ET on TSN4
Thursday, July 7
- Senegal vs. Turkey at 6:30 a.m. ET on TSN4
- New Zealand vs. France at 9 a.m. ET on TSN4
Saturday, July 9
- Semi-final #1 at 6:30 a.m. ET on TSN4
- Semi-final #2 at 9 a.m. ET on TSN4
Sunday, July 10
- Final at 9 a.m. ET on TSN4