TSN 1050’s Super Fan Spring Break
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The TSN 1050’s Super Fan Spring Break contest (the “Contest”) starts at 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on Monday, November 4, 2019 and closes on Friday, January 24, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The Contest sponsors are Bell Media Inc. and BookSeats.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”). The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Instagram is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Sponsors and not Instagram. You may only use one (1) personal Instagram account to participate in this Contest. To enter the Contest, you will need to sign up for an Instagram account if you don’t already have one. Signing up for an account is free. To sign up for an Instagram account, visit www.instagram.com and follow the onscreen instructions.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario, Canada and be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Employees of Bell Media Inc., its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, promotional and advertising agencies or of any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest, as well as the parents, siblings and children of any such employees and any person domiciled with such employees, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the winner selection date for this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter or to be selected for a prize and may be disqualified.
4. TO ENTER the Contest during the Contest Period from your Instagram account, follow the Contest Sponsor’s official Instagram feed (“@TSN1050”), comment on the most recent Contest post marked as “Super Fan Spring Break” by mentioning an Instagram friend you would like to take with you on the trip prior to the winner announcement date and time outlined within the Contest post’s description and you will be eligible to receive one (1) entry (an “Entry”) into the Contest. Entries received outside the Contest Period or after the winner announcement date and time posted within a Contest post’s description, and/or Entries that contain obscene, offensive, or any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Contest Sponsors wish to associate itself (all as determined by Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion) will be ineligible. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing and for greater certainty, any Entry that does not comply with these Rules (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion) will be ineligible for this Contest. All entries and entrants must comply with the Instagram Terms of Service available at www.Instagram.com. Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. All Entries and entrants are subject to verification. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Instagram account used to submit the entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an Instagram account by www.Instagram.com. An entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to submit the Entry. Creating multiple Instagram accounts in order to exceed the limits on Entries permitted by these Rules will result in the disqualification of such Entries from such accounts. If you opt to use Instagram via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are the potential Prize winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check
your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
5. PRIZES: There are ten (10) prizes available to be won (the “Prizes” and each, a “Prize”). Each Prize consists of a trip for two (2) people to see the Toronto Maple Leafs vs the Tampa Bay Lightning on February 25, 2020 and the Toronto Maple Leafs vs the Florida Panthers on February 27, 2020 (the “Games”). Each Prize includes: round trip economy air fare for two (2) from Toronto Pearson International Airport (hereinafter referred to as the “Departure Point”) to the city where the Games will take place (the “Destination Point”), three (3) nights’ accommodation (based on one (1) room, double occupancy) as chosen by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion; and two (2) tickets to the Games. Tickets are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Choice and location of the tickets are at the discretion of the Contest Sponsors. Each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including, without limitation, as applicable, any other transportation, taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, meals and beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance, any required travel documentation, all personal expenses of any kind or nature, and any overnight layover. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. Each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point and at the Destination Point. It is the sole responsibility of each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements, as applicable. Travel times and dates will be confirmed by February 10, 2020. Each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion and authority, failing which the Prize will be forfeited. It is recommended that each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. The approximate retail value of each Prize is $2,000 CAD. No change in travel arrangements can be made by a Prize winner once his/her booking has been confirmed. Each Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program. Travelling companion must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older in order to participate in the Prize. Limit of one (1) Prize per household.
6. Before being able to participate in a Prize, each travelling companion will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion, beyond his/her participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize.
7. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. The number of Prizes available to be won will decrease throughout the Contest as they are awarded.
8. WINNER SELECTION: Starting on Friday, November 8, 2019, and on each Friday of the Contest Period, excluding December 27, 2019 and January 3, 2020, a random draw for a Prize (each, a “Weekly Draw”) will take place at Bell Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario, during OverDrive on TSN 1050, between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. ET from among all eligible Entries received up to the point of the applicable Weekly Draw. The first (1st) Entry drawn in the course of each Weekly Draw will be eligible to win a Prize. The hosts of OverDrive will announce the potential winner on air. The potential winner will have ten (10) minutes and fifty (50) seconds to call the TSN 1050 Contest line at 416-870-1050 (the “Contest Line”) in order to claim the Prize. Broadcast delays may occur, including depending on the means used to listen to the radio (e.g. analog radio vs. online streaming). Contest Sponsors will not be held liable in any way for such delays. In the event that a potential winner does not contact the Contest Line in the allotted time, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. The potential winner will need to confirm their identity by saying a code word (the “Code Word”) that will be sent to the potential winner via direct messaging on Instagram. The odds of
winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received up to the point of the applicable Weekly Draw and the potential winner’s ability to call the Contest Line within the allotted time and confirming the correct Code Word. In the event that a potential winner is outside of the local calling area, standard long distance rates as charged by the potential winner’s long distance service provider will apply. Each potential winner will be announced on-air and may be required to chat on-air. If there is not a clear telephone connection between the TSN 1050 on-air announcer and a potential winner, such that one or each other cannot hear the other, such potential winner will be disqualified, and the Contest Sponsors will not be liable in any way for such failed connection. Each potential winner will then be required to provide a representative of TSN 1050 with his/her name, address and telephone number. In conducting the contest, TSN 1050 and its representatives have the full and absolute discretion to disqualify any potential winner who fails to respond on the phone or whose response cannot be heard, and the Contest Sponsors shall have no liability or responsibility to any potential winner so disqualified. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
9. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than February 10, 2020.
10. By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
11. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software
or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
13. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
14. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.