TSN 1050’s Leafs Playoffs Giveaways
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS (the "Rules")
1. The Leafs Playoffs Giveaways contest (the "Contest") starts at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on Wednesday, May 4, 2022 and closes on Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsor is: Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest Sponsor").
3. ELIGIBILITY. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario, Canada and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within the thirty (30) days preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
4. TO ENTER the Contest during the Contest Period, you may enter by:
a) Text Entry. Text the Keyword LEAFS and your name to short code 10-50-50 during the Entry Period (the "Text Entry"). You must have access to a cellular telephone that is capable of two-way text messaging. Text messaging is not available in all areas. Standard text messaging fees apply (check your carrier plan for your standard text messaging fees). Text Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Mobile Account Holder of the mobile phone used to enter the Contest. "Authorized Mobile Account Holder" of a mobile phone is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a cellular telephone number by a wireless carrier that is responsible for assigning cellular telephone numbers. An eligible Prize winner may be required to provide proof of being the Authorized Mobile Account Holder associated with the selected Text Entry.
b) Email Entry. To enter the Contest without sending a text message, send an email during the Entry Period to Radio.Contests@bellmedia.ca with "Raptors Playoffs" in the subject line and your name, address, ten-digit day and evening telephone numbers and e-mail address in the body of the email, and the keyword LEAFS (the "Email Entry"). Email Entries must include your name, address, ten-digit day and evening telephone numbers and e-mail address, as well as the Keyword LEAFS. Email Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Text Entries and Email Entries shall be collectively referred to as "Entries" and each, an "Entry". Limit of one (1) Entry per individual per day during the Contest Period, regardless of the method of entry. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than the foregoing limit, all your Entries will be void.
5. PRIZES. There is one (1) prizes (the "Prizes") available to be won, each consisting of a pair of tickets to an upcoming Leafs Round 1 Playoff Home Game vs the Tampa Bay Lightning. The approximate retail value of teach Prize is two hundred dollars ($200.00) CAD. Limit of one (1) Prize per household.
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded. Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
7. DRAW. On Tuesday, May 10, a random draw for a Prize (each, a "Prize Draw") will take place at the office of Bell Media Inc. in Toronto, Ontario, during First Up with Korolnek & Colaiacovo on TSN 1050 between 6:00 and 10:00 a.m. ET, from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period up until the applicable Prize Draw. The first (1st) entry drawn during each Prize Draw will be eligible to win a Prize. The odds of being selected as a potential Prize winner will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest
Period up until the applicable Prize Draw. Bell Media Inc. will announce the potential winner on air. The potential winner will have ten (10) minutes and fifty (50) seconds after the on-air announcement (the "Alloted Time") to call the TSN 1050 contest line at 416-870-1050 (the "Contest Line") in order to claim the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not contact the Contest Line within the Allotted Time, they will be disqualified and the Contest Sponsor will not be liable in any way for any potential winner who fails to call the Contest Line within the Allotted Time, and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a potential winner is outside of the local calling area, standard long distance rates as charged by the potential winner’s long distance service provider will apply. Each potential winner will be announced on-air and may be required to chat on-air. If there is not a clear telephone connection between the TSN 1050 on-air announcer and a potential winner, such that one or each other cannot hear the other, such potential winner will be disqualified, and the Contest Sponsor will not be liable in any way for such failed connection. Each potential winner will then be required to provide a representative of TSN 1050 with their name, address and telephone number. In conducting the contest, TSN 1050 and its representatives have the full and absolute discretion to disqualify any potential winner who fails to respond on the phone or whose response cannot be heard, and the Contest Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility to any potential winner so disqualified. Once a potential winner, the odds of winning a Prize will depend on that potential winner’s ability at calling the Contest Line within the Allotted Time. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
8. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, they have read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use their name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than May 10, 2022.
9. By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
10. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the
Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
12. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
13. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.