Air Canada Fan Flight with TSN 1050
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The Air Canada Fan Flight with TSN 1050 contest (the "Contest") starts at 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on Monday, November 7, 2022 and closes at 7:00 p.m. ET on Friday, November 18, 2022 (the "Contest Period"). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The Contest sponsors are TSN 1050, a division of Bell Media Inc., and Air Canada (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest Sponsors").
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario, Canada and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of Bell Media Inc., its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, promotional and advertising agencies or of any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest, as well as the parents, siblings and children of any such employees and any person domiciled with such employees, are ineligible to enter. Winners of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within the thirty (30) days preceding the winner selection date for this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to participate in the prize) and persons domiciled with any such winner are not eligible to enter or to be selected for a prize and may be disqualified
4. TO ENTER the Contest, an announcement will be made one (1) time each weekday of the Contest Period (excluding Friday, November 11, 2022), at approximately 8:00 a.m ET (each, an "Announcement"), announcing the daily keyword (the "Keyword"). There will be one (1) different and unique Keyword every weekday of the Contest Period. When you hear an Announcement, call the TSN 1050 contest line at 416-870-1050 (the "Contest Line"). Broadcast delays may occur, including depending on the means used to listen to the radio (e.g. analog radio vs. online streaming). Contest Sponsor will not be held liable in any way for such delays. Limit of one (1) entrant per household. In the event that the entrant is outside of the local calling area, standard long distance rates as charged by the entrant’s long distance service provider will apply. The first (1st) caller through on the Contest Line following an Announcement who provides the TSN 1050 on-air announcer with the correct Keyword (as determined at the discretion of the announcer) will be eligible to win a Qualifying Prize (as described below) and to be entered into the Grand Prize Draw ( as described below) (each, a "Qualifier"). Each Qualifier will be announced on-air and may be required to chat on-air. If there is not a clear telephone connection between the TSN 1050 on-air announcer and a Qualifier, such that one or each other cannot hear the other, such Qualifier will be disqualified, and the Contest Sponsor will not be liable in any way for such failed connection. Each Qualifier will then be required to provide a representative of TSN 1050 with their name, address and telephone number. In conducting the Contest, TSN 1050 and its representatives have the full and absolute discretion to disqualify any Qualifier who fails to respond on the phone or whose response cannot be heard, and the Contest Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility to any Qualifier so disqualified. The odds of becoming a Qualifier and being eligible to win a Qualifying Prize will depend on the total number of callers following the applicable Announcement who provide the correct Keyword.
5. PRIZES. There are ten (10) prizes available to be won as follows: nine (9) qualifying prizes (the "Qualifying Prizes"); and one (1) grand prize (the "Grand Prize") as described below. The Qualifying Prizes and the Grand Prize shall be collectively referred to as the "Prizes" and each, a "Prize".
Qualifying Prizes, each consisting of a Google Nest Mini. The approximate retail value of each Qualifying Prize is seventy dollars and forty-nine cents ($70.49) CAD. Limit of one (1) Prize
per household. The number of Qualifying Prizes available to be won will decrease throughout the Contest as they are awarded.
Grand Prize, consisting of a trip for four (4) to Nashville, Tennesee. Trip includes: Air Canada® Economy class round-trip airfare for four (4) onboard a flight operated by Air Canada® (including flights operated by Air Canada Rouge® or under the Air Canada Express® banner) from Toronto Pearson International Airport, Toronto, Ontario (hereinafter referred to as the "Departure Point") to Nashville International Airport, Nashville, Tennessee (hereinafter referred to as the "Destination Point"). Specific seat selection is in the sole discretion of Air Canada. Exact dates and times of flights will be determined by Air Canada, taking into account the date of the Toronto Maple Leafs away game described below. The Prize Winner and their travelling companions will be responsible for ground transportation between their place of residence and Toronto Pearson International Airport; two (2) night’s hotel accommodation in Nashville, Nevada at a hotel designated by Air Canada in its sole discretion (one (1) room based on quadruple occupancy as chosen by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion; and Four (4) game tickets to the Toronto Maple Leafs away game at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville vs the Nashville Predators on Sunday, March 26, 2023. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for all fuel, insurance (including medical and accidental insurance), surcharges, taxes, fees and other applicable charges with a credit card at time of booking. The Grand Prize winner and their travelling companions are responsible for: any and all costs, expenses and taxes not expressly described herein including, without limitation, applicable local air departure taxes, ground transportation, including to and from the departure point, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, personal expenses of any nature for overnight layover, meals and beverages, service charges, in-flight meals and entertainment, obtaining sufficient personal travel insurance prior to departure, if desired; obtaining and carrying all necessary travel documentation, such as passports and visas, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 and complying with entry, health, customs and immigrations regulations and requirements. Please consult the website of the Government of Canada for information about COVID-19 requirements: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid. These requirements are subject to change without notice. The Grand Prize winner and the travelling companion are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point as the Grand Prize originates and terminates there. It is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and the travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements, as applicable. It is recommended that the Grand Prize winner and the travelling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. The Grand Prize winner and/or their travelling companion may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in for security deposit/incidentals. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. Trip must be taken between Saturday, March 25, 2023 and Monday, March 27, 2023. The Grand Prize winner and the travelling companion must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion and authority, failing which the Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel dates will be determined by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion. insert the following text, if applicable: Each/The travelling companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older in order to participate in the Grand Prize. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is eight thousand, five hundred dollars ($8,500.00) CAD, based on a Toronto departure. No change in travel arrangements can be made by Grand Prize winner once their booking has been confirmed. Travel does not qualify for Aeroplan points accumulation or for mileage/points accumulation in any other frequent flyer program. The use of upgrade certificates is not permitted for flights nor e-Bids. The Grand Prize winner understands and acknowledges and will ensure that their travelling companion understands and acknowledges the risks related to the spread of infectious or contagious diseases and understand it remains their responsibility to take the necessary precautions applicable to any health hazards, including but not limited to COVID-19. Grand Prize winner is aware and will ensure that their travelling companion is also aware of the Air Canada CleanCare+ Program and the then-applicable
mandatory health and safety measures. For more information, please visit the Air Canada website and more specifically the Air Canada Travel Ready hub: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/covid-19.html#/. Before being able to participate in the Grand Prize, each travelling companion, or if under the age of majority, each travelling companion’s parent or legal guardian, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, they have read and understood these Rules, grant all consents required, agree to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorize the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use their name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the travelling companion, beyond their participation in the Grand Prize, accept the Grand Prize as offered and release the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the travelling companion’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Grand Prize.
6. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. Prize winner acknowledges that upon awarding of the Prize, all obligations typically borne by the provider of services or goods become that provider’s responsibility.
7. GRAND PRIZE DRAW. On Monday, November 21, 2022 at approximately 6:00 a.m. ET, a random draw for the Grand Prize will take place at Bell Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario from among all Eligible Draw Entrants (the "Grand Prize Draw"). The first (1st) Eligible Draw Entrant drawn will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. The odds of winning the Grand Prize from among the Eligible Draw Entrants will be no worse than one in nine. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential Grand Prize winner to notify potential winner that they may have won the Grand Prize by telephone within two (2) business days after the Grand Prize Draw. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) business days after the Grand Prize Draw, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
8. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, they have read, understood and complied with these Rules, grant all consents required, agree to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorize the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use such potential winner’s name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accept the Prize as offered and release the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than Friday, November 25, 2022. The number of actual
Prizes awarded may be less than the number of available Prizes should efforts to confirm all winners be unsuccessful, in accordance with these Rules.
9. By entering the Contest, each eligible entrant further covenants and agrees to keep harmless and to release from liability Air Canada, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, subcontractors and affiliates with respect to any claims or actions, losses, fines or legal costs which arise, directly or indirectly in connection with the Contest and the administration thereof, the Grand Prize and any related activity. By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest. By entering the Contest, each eligible entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, nor is associated with Air Canada or any of its subsidiaries and affiliates, and that TSN 1050 is fully responsible for the conduct and administration of the Contest, including the selection of winners.
10. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s) and related-time keeping systems of the Contest Sponsors. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner, including any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest website, where applicable.
personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to Bell Media Inc. at 299 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON, M5V 2Z5.
12. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
13. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. ®Air Canada and the Air Canada logo are registered trademarks of Air Canada, used by (radio station name) under licensed authorization.